14

I was sitting on my bed, and had my laptop out in front of me. I was writing a story, but it was too personal to show anyone.

"Heeeeey sister!" I hear from downstairs. I knew exactly who it was.

"Just because the door was unlocked doesn't mean you're allowed to come in!" I complain.

"But I wanted to tell you something!" She says, acting sad. I hate her so much.

"Tell me and get out." She opens the door, and walks in happily.

"Well. Mommy and Daddy are going to come on Christmas! They said they missed you, and they're upset that you left and didn't tell them. Well, mom was. Dad didn't care, as usual." Her voice is so sickeningly sweet, I hated it.

"I LEFT FOR A REASON YOU KNOW!" I shout, causing her to step back.

"Of course you did. But, I plan on taking them here, because your house is big enough for all of us. Also, I would like to see your friend again. Sollux was his name?" I slowly shut my laptop, resisting the urge to slam it shut and hit her with it.

"No. You will not take anything, or anyone, away from me. Not after you already ruined everything for me once." I speak quietly, and she does seem afraid.

"I just want to get to know your friends! You shouldn't be so secretive about it." She pouts, making her makeup covered face look bigger.

"Get out. Right now." I say, finally looking straight at her.

She let's out a quiet breath, and backs up.

"Okay." She whispers. I remember the last time I got this mad at her. That's what made me leave. She told all my friends lies and they all left, I had never been so upset. I had a huge fight with her, and then I left without telling anyone. Thankfully, I met Nepeta and then she helped me out for a while, and then I got my life together. But now, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave again.

She quickly walks out of the room, shutting the door behind her. A moment later I hear the front door shut, meaning she's gone.

"Finally." I sigh, before going to back to my laptop.

           ~Three hours later~

"Hey (Y/N), you've been quiet. Is something wrong?" I was sitting with Sollux in my living room, where I had explained what had happened a few hours earlier.

"Just thinking. I've been a bit upset about my family finding me again. I had hoped I would live in peace for a while." I sigh quietly.

"Okay. Also, I just remembered. Why was Nepeta talking about door chairs earlier?" He grins at me.

"Oh... Yeah, that. I'm not sure, actually. She said you were buying doors to build a chair." I laugh at the thought of my cat loving friend, and how she had desperately looked for some excuse to not go find Sollux.

"Oh. You have some strange friends, (Y/N)." He laughs a little, which is adorable.

"Hey, don't forget that you're one of them, bee boy." I say, shoving him playfully.

"But do you think it'll work? The whole pretending to be together during Christmas. I think that your sister will ruin it somehow." He suddenly sounds very serious, which surprises me.

I think about what she said. The words run through my mind over and over.

"I'm still the better child, and you can't stop that!" Even in my mind, I can hear the high pitched sound of her voice, and how much she loves being considered better than me.