Lilac

The writing style for this book is all over the fucking place I apologize

The only thing that hurt more than what little dignity he had left, were his biceps, and how the cuts there had started stinging like hot water had been spewed onto them.

But, as weird as it was to be in Phil's arms, Dan didn't want to pull away immediately.

Dan felt perfectly comfortable fixed in Phil's forearms, considering he hates the feel of people in general, that was a bit surprise.

Today's been full of surprises.

"Hi," He stupidly responded, having Phil awkwardly haul him up, as his limbs had refused to move.

"Wow Phil, I didn't know you were that cute." Hudson teased.

Dan, in the most awkward fashion he could come up with, patted Phil's shoulder as if there were a flea on it, and watched the other boy's cheeks brighten red and slouch slightly at the comment.

Guess you could say I really fell for you, huh? Dan thought, laughing to himself.

Phil turned to Dan, "Guess you could say you really fell for me, huh?" He laughed, still pink from Hudson's joke.

Dan was rarely ever fond of people, but he couldn't help but be for the void-haired boy who he had just been in the arms of.

His thoughts were interrupted by a woman in her late thirties walking toward the three boys, patting her hands with a washcloth.

"Oh hello, you must be Daniel."

Dan was immediately turned off. The sweet voice and comforting of, what he hoped was Hudson's mom, was offsetting and pulled a yikes lever in Dan's head.

"Hello, and your name is?" Dan asked, being as polite as he could without sounding fake.

"Rachel, Hudson's mom. Would any of you like some tea?"

Like shit Dan was taking tea from this bitch, all three of them shook their heads in unison, and Hudson dismissed his mom by saying, "were just gonna go upstairs, work on homework and such." 

He glanced at Phil and Dan and, headed up the stairs, Dan trailing behind.

As he was climbing up the stairs, he scolded himself for the mask he had put on.

He no longer acted like the self pitying, depressed, no good person he was, but instead just acted shy and kept to himself.

He hated it. With all of his guts and soul he hated it, which was just another reason to hate himself. He labeled it fake, and believed it with every inch of his body. He was just plastic, being molded which ever way the situation had determined. He switched personality,  mood, state of mind in a matter of seconds. Strike one.

"Sorry about that, she's kinda, you know." Hudson pulled up him backpack from the ground and into his lap.

"Typical mum behavior," Phil grinned and agreed.

"So since we barely know each other, we should probably make sure we're not like serial killers or some shit," Hudson laughed.

"Dan," Phil began, turning to him with the energy of a toddler, "What music do you like?"

Dan was startled at the outburst of energy, and responded with a confused, "I don't know?" 

"What do you mean you don't know? You can't not listen to music."

"I really think it of music is really shit nowadays, I mostly listen to classical," he said nervously.

"Hey, you guys keep going, imm'a go piss," Hudson laughed, dismissing himself.

"You have fun with that," Phil remarked, smiling as Hudson got up and opened the door.

"You bet." He winked and left.

Phil put all his attention back on Dan.

"Your turn," He said, cocking his head to the left.

"What?"

"You ask a question, I answer, then I ask a question, you answer, it's not hard, Dan." He opened his mouth as if he were going to say something else, but decided against it.

Phil admitted to himself that he was too excited to talk to the other boy sitting criss-crossed in front of him. There was just something about Dan that made him more excited, like a puppy seeing a new person for the first time.

Phil was already easily excited, one of his many "quirks", as his mom called it. He also had a terrible sence of balance, so falling constantly was another one of those "quirks". Add awkward stuttering and making weird sounds at the most random times to the list while you're at it, then you have Phil.

"Okay, um where did you move here from?"

"Manchester, my mum and dad moved up here because most of my other family is here." Dan nodded and looked around Hudson's room, looking for non-generic question.

On one wall we're five posters, two were bands Dan's only heard of, and the other three were video games. Beside it, was a window with bamboo curtains, slightly closed, but open just enough to let the silver light come through from outside.

"Dan, what's your favorite color?"

He thought about it for a minute, tempted to say black, maybe even dark blue.

"Lilac."

An//
Yikes I'm sorry
Also two filler chapters in a row because I'm a terrible human being.

Stay safe and healthy and hydrated and take care of yourselves. Go buy that cupcake you were craving earlier, make sure you treat yourself once in a while, you're worth it.

-S