Coffee I

Phil had to hold on a laugh and put his coffee down so he wouldn't spill it all over himself.

Dan played with the straw in his drink and smiled, "I'm not shitting you, I actually did that when I was younger."

"Awe" Phil replied in between laughs "I need to see this as soon as possible."

"Like hell you are!" Dan said, lightly kicking Phil under the table*.

Phil was giggling again, and Dan stopped to notice the way his lips curve tward the right before forming a smile, or when Phil is really laughing, his tounge sticks out a little. He took time to notice the little things, like how Phil's hand automatically goes up to his mouth when he starts to laugh, and how he slouches more with his back that his shoulders like Dan did.

There wasn't a moment in time Dan could think of where he was as happy as he was in this moment. This moment for him was a clear summer day, where the clouds look like they just came out of a painting. The sky is a perfect baby blue, and you don't even notice the weather because in the moment it doesn't matter. This moment was more healing than any man made medicine he could have taken for anything. Nothing he could think of could ruin his sheer happiness. The sound of laughter between the two was enough to transport Dan into a completly different world.

They talked and laughed until they could drag out their coffee no longer. Dan had felt something- something when he was with Phil, light and airy. But he just couldn't figure out a word to say it, because "happy" wasn't enough. Happy didn't even begin to describe it.

He didn't have a care in the world, and Dan was happy just sitting next to Phil reading the book and listening to chaos go on around them.

In a house of sadness, anger, confusion and pain, Phil was the bright yellow flowers on the front porch.

AN//

this might be my shortest chapter, sorry.

keep well !! throw yourself out there !!! do something good for the world !!! express yourself !!! love yourself

-S

* stop the abuse.