Family Emergency

Luckily, Dan's brother had a brain, and didn't say it loud enough for the others to hear.

Phil and Hudson were eyeing Dan suspiciously and starting to rise up off the bed. Phil looked at Dan as if to say please don't leave. But Dan's head was too far away to notice anything. HIs mind raced and his heart copied. It was pushing at his ribcage, beating harder as if trying to break free. He tried controlling his breathing, but couldn't tell, since all of his thoughts were louder than anything else could have been at the moment. One of the other two could have collapsed on the floor and Dan wouldn't notice. He was in his own little world, of fear, anxiousness and dread. Everything felt like an untuned ukulele. It was supposed to be a happy moment. Dan was hanging out with "friends" for the first time in years! But something was horribly wrong, and Dan was not about to take his chances.

His brother hung up before Dan could say anything, so he just sat dumbfounded as the other two people in the room stared at him in worry.

"Dan?" Phil asked, starting to get concerned that Dan was just frozen.

He snapped back into reality with the sound of Phil's voice, and went on, "okay, okay I get it, i'll be home in ten, okay, love you too." And pretended to hang up, scared by how easily he could lie on the spot.

"Looks like i'll be going," Dan started, "family emergency."

technically, it wasn't a lie.

Phil got instantly upset. Something seemed off, but he wasn't going to question it. He was disappointed that he had only really gotten to talk to Dan for a total of ten minutes today- Hudson was sure of a hell of a blabbermouth. He saw Dan as one of those people he could talk about the universe to, talk about the flaws of humanity and how reality could just be in our imagination. The kind of person he could play video games with for hours eating popcorn and a whole load of things that would get them fat. Or just scroll through social media and keep to themselves whenever they wanted without it being awkward.

He saw Dan as someone he wanted to be friends with.

And he was curious to who wouldn't? His favorite colour was lilac, for god sake.

The funny thing was he didn't even know Dan. Didn't even have a clue at what his last name was, didn't notice which way his hair swooped down, or even what colour of sweater he was wearing.

But it didn't really matter to him.

"Hey Dan, maybe we could swap numbers?" Phil asked, not realizing that dan had gotten up and was having a small side conversation with Hudson.

"I'll see you at school, Phil."

and with that, he dismissed himself and left the room. 

***

another filler chapter because i'm evil. 

next one will be v emotional so be ready 

don't be bad. 

-S