Chapter 23: The Challenge

Nadine:

"I don't know, I thought we could actually be a thing." He said and my heart skipped a beat.

"Huh? What?!" Did I hear correctly? Did he actually mean what he said?

"Yeah..." he replied looking away.

Oh my God. Whaaaa? This is crazy.

"Let's get you back to your hotel, I think the cold weather has fogged your brain." I said.

"No, I'm pretty serious. I think, I like you."

What do you mean you 'think' you like me? You either like me or you don't. How can someone be confused about their feelings... oh wait, who am I kidding. I'm just as confused about my feelings with Saif as he is with me. Haha um... nevermind.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I think I've been pretty clear with my words, girl."

"Um, Mehmet. I... I'm already in a relationship."

"Do you love him?"

"Is love necessary?"

"That means you don't."

"I never said that."

"You never denied it either, girl."

"Huh? Um. No. I love Saif."

"Saif?" He raised his eyebrow, "your best friend who was there at your house the day I came to meet you?"

"Yeah..." I replied sheepishly.

"Well, you said he was just a friend, so either you were lying back then, or you're lying right now."

"I wasn't lying back then and neither am I lying right now." I replied, rather offended.

"Well how can you go from being best friends to lovers in just a month? No offence girl, but I don't think you love him."

"And what makes you think that way?" I arched an eyebrow.

"I can prove it to you." He said with a lot of confidence.

"How exactly?"

"I can prove to you that you do not love, whatever his name is." He continued, "and in the next 3 days, you will fall head over heels for me."

"Oh really?" I replied scornfully.

"Yes, really."

"And what if you lose, boy?"

"You can never win from me, princess."

"Well then, my 'dear', challenge accepted." I answered with a sarcastic smile.

¤~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¤

Day 1

I don't know what I've gotten myself into. But what I do know is I will not lose so easily. I can't. Besides, I have a really strong will power, thank God for that. And does he really think I'll break up with Saif, just because of him, and fall in love with him in the next 2 days? Hah! He's mistaken.