Chapter 38: Happier Times

Nadine:

Waking up, to the pleasant chirping of the birds, while the Sun shines brightly through the clouds, in my husband-to-be's room, wrapped in his arms, is hands down, the best feeling ever. It has been a month since we got engaged, 31 days to be precise. It was a comparitively warm Saturday morning. It was nearing towards Spring, you could feel the warmth in the atmosphere, the snow had started to melt, the trees were preparing themselves to bloom, everything seemed so bright and colourful, and I, for one, was glad that the dark and dull winters had now come to an end. Although, initially, I loved the cold winters with snow, mainly because we never experienced it back in Karachi, but the monochromaticity of the winters got monotonous. So this was a soothing sight for sore eyes. Furthermore, waking right next to the most handsome person, was equally pleasing.

I checked my phone to look at the time. Since it was only 7:37 and neither of us had to go to work today, I decided to sleep in. I was awoken by the smoke alarm, 2 hours later, and by the soot particles of the smoke irritating my trachea causing me to cough repeatedly. I rushed out of the room, to figure out what was wrong, only to see a confused Mehmet, trying to put to good use the omelette that he burnt, whilst cursing the eggs and his cooking skills. He had no idea I was watching him struggle from behind, laughing uncontrollably. Thank God he didn't set the house on fire! And while he was throwing away the burnt breakfast, hoping I wouldn't notice his mistake, he slipped by the oil spilled on the floor, falling on his butt, yelling out a few more curse words, before noticing me in the background, with an embarassed expression, which made the scene more hilarious. Poor Mehmet, he was trying so hard. I felt equal parts amused, by the early morning entertaintment, and sorry, for the poor chap for trying so hard.

"Yeah yeah, keep laughing, when you'd fall on your ass like that you won't be laughing so hard." He said feeling annoyed by my laughter.

I wiped off the tears due to the excessive laughter, and gestured my hand to help him.

"Sorry, but it's hilarious to see you struggle like this." I said laughing in between. He pulled me down by my hand causing me to fall flat on my face.

"Bet you don't find it so hilarious now, eh?" He gave a smirk.

"Oh no, I feel great!" I replied sarcastically, punching him gently in the stomach.

"Ouch! That hurt a lot. You're such a meanie!" He acted out like a 5 year old.

"Awww, did the wittle waby get hurt by a teeny tiny punch?"

"Oh you really think I'm a 'wittle waby', eh kızım?" He continued with a smirk, "you didn't have the same views last night in bed."

My cheeks turned red and I tried to cover that up with my hair. My cheeks should stop doing that!

"Awww did someone get embarassed?" He mocked me.

"I'm starving! Let's go out for breakfast." I said trying to divert the topic.

"Someone's trying to change the topic, awwww."

I rolled my eyes at him and he took that as a signal to tickle me. He knew that was one of my many weaknesses.

"No-oh, not again! Please pl-please sto-op!" I said trying to catch my breath in between.

"Is the wittle waby a bit too much for you, eh?"

"Oka-ay. Okay, I-I give uh-up!"

"But I don't." He said.

"Oh-okay! Yo-you're not a wee-wittle waby!" I surrendered

He stopped, "Better." He then turned me around wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me towards him and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Don't ever call me a wittle waby again." He warned me, "otherwise, I've been gentle this time, I won't the next time..." he paused, then continued while grinning from ear to ear, "in bed." I did nothing but blush, again, while I rushing towards the washroom.

"Get ready, Ms. Rosy Cheeks, we're going out for breakfast!" I heard him say from the kitchen.

Ugh! I hate that he knows my weak points! He is so annoying most of the times! Like how he teases me, and tickles me, and mocks me. He's an idiot, I must say. But I can't deny the fact that he loves me, cares for me, goes to extremes to make me happy, and I mean literally to extremes, so I guess I can live with that. Besides, we're now chained together forever. So even though he's an idiot, he's my idiot! And I don't think I can imagine my life without him anymore, like I said, when I fall, I fall deep in love. And neither can I stay made at him for long. After all, I love him so much!