Knowledge

"What? You assume I'm gay?"
  "I think you are... You've been acting strange since I came in."
  "You're crazy."

  Matthew grew red. He didn't know how to stop this.  Ryan stood up and approached him slowly.  Judging by his friend's reaction of looking down and turning red for like the millionth time. He stood near and spoke softly.

  "Matthew, we're friends. You can trust me. I can see it clearly. I know."

  If Matthew would have denied it, it would be too much. He was powerless against that truth. Slowly he looked up. Ryan looked him in the eyes again, and Matthew's lips began to open. Without a word, he nodded.

  "Ok you figured me out. Do you want an award for that?"
  "Hey, don't get upset. It's ok."

  Ryan patted his back and then scratched the back of his own head.  Matthew didn't move at that point. He closed his eyes and stood still.

  "Does anyone else know?" Ryan questioned.
  "N-no."
  "Not even in school?" He squinted.

  Matthew looked down and shook his head. It seemed as if he was being scolded.

  "It's ok Matt. I won't tell anyone. I can help you."

  That tone in his voice made Matthew alert. He suddenly realized those words weren't what he thought.

  "You are gay too?"
  "Yes. I just don't announce it on newspaper."

  Matthew laughed nervously bringing a hand to his forehead, combing it through his head in desperation.

  "Matthew, It's ok. You'll be fine."
  "Does your mother know?"

  Ryan nodded. Seeing his friend break down, he hugged him. Matthew didn't over react. He let himself be held. If anything he needed a hug right then and there.  It was a warm hug, so he allowed himself to bring his hands around Ryan. Slowly feeling up his back, he held him closer, letting the tension in his muscles loosen.

  Who knew what that embrace lasted? The cars  noise outside didn't matter. Their warmth allowed them to look in each other's eyes, and without previous notice, Ryan stood on his tip toes and kissed his friend.

  Matthew didn't move, though he did flinch.  His lips felt soft and fresh. His friend's lips felt better than he remembered from his dream. It was a short and soft kiss, but it would stay in his mind forever.

Seeing that he didn't over react or separate, Ryan kissed him softly once more. This time, he lingered enough for Matthew to allow himself to slightly open his lips and trap him.

  Suddenly the door lock on the entrance turned and both boys stood apart. Matthew's mom came in.

  "Hey Ryan! How are you? Are you boys hungry?" Camille asked looking at both.
  "No mom... We ate lasagna."
  "Ohh... lasagna?"
  "Yes Mrs. Spencer. My mom made it last night and I brought some."
"Yes, we were playing."

Matthew stared at Ryan and back at his mom. She smiled, patting them both on the back.

"Well good. At least you won't get bored. Carry on boys."

She stepped into the kitchen as they both stood looking at each other. Before Matthew could whisper anything, his mom turned around and looking at them said: "I'm going to change and make dinner. Will you be staying Ryan?"

He looked at Matthew, who in turn looked at his mom and said

"Yes. He needs help with his English class. We're going to my room."
"Very well then. I'll go change. See you guys soon."