Mom?

That morning had left Matthew reassured this was a very different page in his book. He knew he could "trust" Peter. Before he left home, he was given a big hug, a gentle but avid kiss, and the house key.

Matthew almost saw it like earning medals in a video game. This would have been the bonus. He let him go alone to visit his mom, so they could freely talk and whatever he decided, he knew he would keep him in his life.

  Once he met his mom, Matthew received a big hug. It definitely was nothing like what he could relate to, but still given with love.  Camille had changed again. From the slightly overweight mom, she had lost a lot and her hair color changed from blondish to red, flame-like to be exact.

  Matthew was happy for her not letting all the things having to do with his dad break her down. They sat in a booth of a mediterranean restaurant.  Camille did not seem worried. In fact, she knew she could trust her son in any decision making.

"So, how are you mom?"
"I'm well... the divorce was easy on both of us and your father really didn't put up a fight. He would not budge about not accepting his mistakes, so we could not go forward."
"I'm very sorry. I think you guys were happy before I came back."
"Matthew... It has nothing to do with you. Someday I'll tell you exactly what was wrong but lunch isn't the way. Just know I'm enjoying my new home."

The waiter brought lunch and for a while they were quiet. It was during dessert that they spoke at ease.

"So tell me about Ryan. What did he do to drive you away."
"He was making out in the dance floor of a club on a birthday celebration with some random guy, just when I came back from the bathroom."
"Oh what an asshole."
"Mom!"
"Well it's true."
"Haha I agree but you rarely say things like that."
"Well, I am entitled to whenever I please."
"Point taken."
"So what did you do?? Tell me, Im curious! Did Aurora find out? Spit it out!"
"Haha fine... I left the club pretty upset, so this guy stopped me because I was embarrassingly crying. He asked if I was ok and I hugged him. I know... It was an impulse. So he asked me to go calm down at his place. I thought I knew what he wanted and... well maybe but I liked him too."
"Oh fun... stranger sex. Did he at least protect himself? And was he cute."
"He IS cute and we did use condoms. That's who I'm staying with."

Camille's eyes were widened... She didn't know this side of her son. She was just waiting to see where all this was going.

"Hold on a minute. You mean to tell me you pretty much got even at Ryan and you ended up disposing of him, AND you like the new guy?"
"Oh my GOD! Mom, it's kind of but not like that. It wasn't revenge sex. It just happened and I just knew I had nothing to loose. I didn't tell Ryan tho. But he did confess next morning he had sex with the guy and I thought we were just hurting each other so I left."
"So you don't have feelings for Ryan anymore."

Matthew sank his head between his forearms in frustration and then raised his eyes to talk to his mom again.  He spoke in a lower pitch, with a very confident voice.

  "Even if I loved him, he will not change, nor do I want to put up with babysitting his butt so he doesn't go let other guys touch him. I am better getting rid of that relationship."

  Camille said no more about any of that.  She suggested they leave the restaurant. They ended up going for a walk and in that time, she asked him what he wanted to do at that precise point since he had asked for "a few days with Peter." He responded enthusiastically, speaking with his hands.