Edward

Edward was more than welcoming to his friend. It would be good for him to have his ex roommate back, granted he was always by himself in his parents' home. They didn't care what he did as long as he didn't bring them trouble and he definitely had to have good grades. Despite the parties, he felt lonely.

Edward was very affectionate to his friend from the arrival. His bushy eyebrows raised and he ran to hug Matthew. Matthew feared he would injure him if he didn't hold back. His palms blocked Edward a bit but that didn't save him from the softest, warmest hug he had received in a month. His friend's beefiness made it a bit different from Ryan. He smelled of sweet and citrus. Perhaps in other circumstances Matthew never noticed, but this scent was even arousing. Matthew began to let go of the hug ashamed of his thoughts.

  When Edward let go, his friend was blushing.

  "What's wrong? Oh... hugging at the airport I guess. We macho. Ok yes... let's go get your things." Said Edward as his friend laughed and nodded.

  Later in the Lexus, Edward made the pertinent questions.

  "Ok, so how was San Francisco?"
  "Well, actually closer to Oakland, but it was ok."
  "Just ok? Well hey buddy... don't get discouraged. There's always more time. I mean... I guess from what you sounded like, you didn't have a good time half the time."

  Matthew sighed and began by saying there was something they had to talk about once they got home.

  "You are worrying me but no matter what, I'm here for you bud."

  Edward patted his friend's leg and then turned up the music.  Armin Van Buren made them forget any awkwardness.  The night with all its lights and traffic welcomed them back.

  As expected, Edward was greeted by George, the security guard at the loft he lived in. His father had bought it for him as a birthday present before he left on a business trip.

  Before Matthew could speak, his friend opened the passenger door, took off the seat belt and slid his hand under his friend's legs. Matthew had no time to protest. Inertia pushed him against Edward's toned chest and he had no remedy but to hold onto his neck.

  "This is awkward." Matthew commented.
  "Get used to it. We will be doing this for a while."

  Matthew decided not to talk. At least not until his friend brought his luggage and wheel chair in the loft. They were about the same build, with the exception that Edward was in a swimming team. He definitely was in top shape.

  "What would you like to drink? You must be exhausted."
  "I'm ok... just tired of sitting in the same spot."
  "Ok... well now you can get comfortable. So what shall I get? Let me guess... Pineapple juice."

  Matthew's eyes widened. He nodded and as Edward left, he really noticed how clothes fit him. Of course he had noticed a thousand times and even had a crush on him but he had chosen to block it. He never had realized Edward knew him so well.

  His friend returned with his favorite mug and handed it to him. That was too much of a coincidence. Matthew closed his eyes and took a sip, savoring a new experience. In seconds, He had a foldable table in front, so he put his cup on it.  "Thanks." - he replied. The answer was a smile and Edward putting a cushion behind his back with a smile.

  He couldn't protest. He didn't know whether to feel thankful or awkward.  Once settled, Edward sat next to him facing him. Grabbing his own glass, he sipped and after a prompt gulp, he spoke.

  "So, what happened?"
  "Huh?"
  "What's that so serious you wanted to talk about?"

  A jolt of energy contracted his stomach. He had put himself under that pressure and now he had to speak.