/7/ The Worst Person with the Best Intentions?

"Where've you been?!" Nikko yelled at me as I stepped through the door with shopping bags in both hands and Newton following me in with more.

"I decided that since my own grandmother is repulsed by the low number of shit I own, I should go shopping," I said with a smirk. I gestured for Newton to set the other bags down by the couch and then I gave him a $20 bill—from Nikko's wallet—as a tip before he left. Nikko watched me in a disappointed way.

"And you didn't give a thought to tell me?" he asked. I shrugged and pursed my lips.

"Not really," I said.

"What is all of this?"

"Clothes, stuff for my new room, etcetera, etcetera..." I explained as I started to walk away from him. I made it to my room with some of the bags and then pulled off my hood.

"Wow?"

"You like?" I asked. I had cut my hair into layers and got legitimate bangs instead of just long hair in my face. It seemed a bit bold to me at first but then I accepted it.

"Actually yeah," Nikko answered, sitting down on the couch in my room. I started putting bags by where its content should go. "You actually look like a girl...sort of." I scoffed. "I mean...you did before, but no one could tell since you never seemed like you tried."

"It's still gonna be that way," I assured with my back to him but I knew it was a lie. Part of me always wanted to try, I just never knew how to start. I began to put new clothes on hangers for my giant closet and then Nikko spoke again.

"What? No fashion show?" he asked. I turned to face him and then just like that, minutes later I was strutting across the catwalk that was by the pool. Nikko had turned on fast paced music and I was using a divider as my changing area between sets. I made stupid and funny poses as he produced numerical signs with outfit ratings. It was truly fun. Even when I started to air guitar to a song with multiple pieces of accessories on such as ties, gloves, hats, and probably even a pair of pants on my head I felt comfortable. It was the first real exciting fun I've had in a while with someone other than the guys.

"What. The. F*ck?" I heard a voice say over the music as Nikko and I had successfully made a two-man air instrument band. We looked over to King standing at the doorway with a repulsed look.

"AJ decided to show off her new clothes," Nikko said in a laugh.

"Whatever," King huffed before leaving through the screen door and into the house. I gave Nikko a look before following King to his room, where I found him sighing as he stretched out on the bed.

"I got you some stuff from—"

"I don't care," he interrupted. I cocked an eyebrow as I waited for him to continue since he was getting into his "I'm about to make something clear to you" speech. I just removed my fun accessories and sat down on the bean bag that I had put in here without his knowledge. "What the hell has gotten into you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You buy a whole goddamn store, get a new haircut, and you're turning into...into—"

"Into who?"

"Rather into what," he corrected, "a f*cking try-hard, AJ."

I stood up and rolled my eyes.

"So what? I go out with a limitless credit card because I was pissed off and decided that, oh gee, maybe I should buy stuff that I couldn't before," I stated. He didn't even know that some of this stuff was for him. I didn't even know why I wanted to extend the courtesy to him considering he was acting like more of a dick since moving in.