/9/ PDA is PDA. Emphasis on "Public"

"Here," I said, dropping the class work on my teacher's desk. King did my work, but we weren't really on speaking terms so to hell with the thoughts of actually passing the homework assignment.

I walked out of the class as the same with my others. My teachers doubted I was sick and they doubted the work was done, so I proved them wrong. But now, of course, I was only worrying about what was for lunch.

"What are you doing here?" Adam asked once I walked up to where we usually hung out. I convinced Nikko that I was staying home, just so he could get off my back, but then quickly changed into my hoodie and jeans and walked to school after receiving threatening texts from King about getting my ass to school. It was almost as if he cared.

"I wanna go eat lunch off campus," I announced while avoiding the question. "Who's in?"

"My car got towed," Danny shrugged.

"My car's under repair," Adam said.

"Where's Connor?" I asked. He had a car and some odd fancy for driving me places. But I didn't see him around.

"I haven't seen him," Jack informed. I shrugged. Oh well, then.

"I'll take you," King spoke, walking up with Sam. I nodded in confusion as I followed them to his car. It was weird really, how we could go without speaking, but if one of us (me) needed something, the other (King) was there, no questions asked. But part of me wished his stubbornness towards me would've excluded him from all my life until he got over it considering how awkward lunch was.

Lunch with the two of them was completely gross. They fed each other and acted like stupid love birds. And they fed on themselves too considering they have some weird need to make out with each other all the time. At least he was moving on from Krystal and actually had feelings for someone...even though I was sure it's just for sex. When we returned to campus, I was glad to be away from them—even for the short passing period since I had health class with them next.

"Sickening isn't it?" I heard a voice say in health. I watched as the teacher helped a varsity football player understand something as she leaned down by him, but "didn't notice" how he stared down her shirt. I turned my head to the voice and saw a familiar girl dressed in dark blue jeans and dark makeup, which was a different look from the last time I saw her.

"I didn't know you went here," I said.

"I got here about a week ago and they kept changing my schedule," Skylar answered.

"Cool," I nodded.

"I can't stand this class," she expressed. "I had it eighth period on my last schedule and that class was probably half the size of this one and thankfully quieter."

"Me either," I sighed, flicking my eyes to the right corner, where King and Sam sat on the floor and made out.

"It must suck seeing that," Skylar said. I looked to her.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Them make out," she clarified.

"I've seen it before...too much before," I said.

"Sorry."

"For what?" I laughed.

"Isn't he your—"

"Brother," I finished. Her jaw dropped.

"No way," she said. Just like every other outsider, she had assumed there was something more between us.

"What in the world?!" an angered voice of our assistant principal yelled, barging into the room. All the couples pulled apart and our teacher stood up straight from her tutoring session. And just like that, there were several students in the office and even our teacher was in trouble.