/8/ Vague Observer

For me, it was calming to be upside down for long periods of time. So that's exactly what I was doing at the gym. When I heard the loud doors slam when someone walked in, I flipped down and expected King, but then saw someone else. I hid behind a locker, even though it was probably some gymnast who couldn't do shit to me.

"Who's there?" someone asked. I stopped breathing. "I know you're behind the lockers."

I smirked and stepped out.

I found a girl with a tank top and spanks and a gym bag. She dropped it on the floor and then faced me before hopping onto the balance beam.

She sat there and swung her legs.

"You train here?" she asked. I scoffed.

"Nah," I answered. She nodded before standing up on the beam. "What? No 'get out of here'?"

"Are you crazy? I'm not even supposed to be here after hours. Why would I care about someone else being here?" she replied. That made sense. "What's your name?"

"AJ," I answered.

"Skylar," she answered. "How long have you been coming here?"

"A few years..." I answered. She nodded understandingly.

"Oh sweet," she said. She did a round-off on the beam and then did a back handspring into a hand stand. I saw as her hand twitched as her muscles gave out and then she came down lightly on her feet.

"You're putting too much weight on your hands," I said.

"What?" she asked while hopping down from the beam. I walked over and saw that she had dark brown hair and freckles along her face that matched the light tint to her brown eyes.

"Your core needs to be tighter so your arms don't give out," I clarified. She tried it out on the floor and still failed. I walked over and punched her stomach—not hard, but hard enough to where her abs tightened.

"What the hell?" she asked.

"It needs to be that tight when you're doing the handstand," I reasoned. She gave me a look and then I shrugged.

"AJ!" I heard my name being called loudly and then looked over to see King storm in. Even though Skylar was there, he still continued in his pursuit. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Come again?"

"Just cuz I do something for your sake, doesn't mean that you can f*cking turn on me as if it was bad enough," he said, loudly. Is he talking about Connor? "And why the hell did Connor find you in town today? That's stupid, AJ. You're gonna get caught—"

"Yeah. I'm the stupid one," I agreed sarcastically. Even though he's the one risking his life to fight and act like a badass that's too stupid to realize his talents, I'm the only stupid one.

"Yeah. You are," he said, pushing me.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Skylar said, rushing over. She stood between us.

"Stay out of it," I mumbled.

"I'm not gonna let some jerk push you around—"

"Fine. Then I'll push you around," King decided before pushing Skylar away and then grabbing my wrist to drag me away.

Every time I let him do this—control me as if he has a right to. But this time was different. I peeled King's hand off mine and stopped walking. He looked down at me. I scoffed at him and grabbed my board and bag to walk off without him.

"Wait—"

"Don't be a dick to me and then want me to wait up for you," I said to him as I kept walking.