/10/ Urgency for Avoiding

That feeling when you really need to talk to someone is urgency. And then when they have the slightest clue about knowing what you're wanting to talk about, they repeat their actions and wait as long as they can to avoid you. King's a big fan of that method.

King was a big fan of the method of waiting as long as possible to talk to someone when he especially knew they needed to talk to him. He had always stubbornly been that way. Well, I thought so until two weeks later when he was surprisingly the one talking to me.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked me right when I stepped out of eighth period.

"I don't know. Can you?" I asked, walking past him.

"Shut up," he demanded. That was an ironic approach. We walked down the hall and I expected him to say something, but he didn't.

"Hey AJ—" Connor attempted to greet, but then King pushed him into lockers. I stopped walking and back pedaled to help Connor.

"You okay?" I asked. He sized up King from around me.

"I will be," he commented. "Call me later."

"Fine." He connected a look with me before walking off.

"Do you like Sam?" King asked, completely dismissing what he just did with Connor. Of course this conversation would be about him.

"She's cool I guess," I shrugged while watching Connor continue to walk off. I was more concerned with him than King's current pick of the week.

"Well what if—"

"AJ," a female voice addressed. I looked over to see Skylar. "Wanna go to the gym? It's already closed."

"Sure," I nodded.

"Need a ride?" she asked.

"Yeah," I answered, but then looked back to King. "I'll be home later. Good luck at your fight."

"But I don't have one!" he yelled down the hall after I started walking away with Skylar.

"Then have fun with Sam!" I called over my shoulder. Hopefully they won't have too much fun...at my house. And then I guess it was me that was avoiding him now.

***

Skylar and I ended up going to some party after I had taught her to keep her hand stand up at the gym. It was a surprise that she even went to these kinds of things, but it was even more shocking that Sam was there...without King.

Sam's presence only came in handy when Skylar hooked up with some guy after confirming that he was a friend-with-benefits. Meaning, I had to get a ride from Sam, who hopefully wasn't nearly as drunk, although I could've sworn she played beer pong.

"Sure. I was just about to leave," she said when I asked her. So she drove me home with no suspicion that she was ever drinking in the first place. I had no problem with her other than knowing my secret inheritance. But when she stopped near the hotel building and parked the car, she turned to me as if she was about to tell tragic news.

"Look, about the party—"

"No worries. I won't tell King," I said, starting to open the door. She locked it. I turned back to her as if she did it by mistake. But little did I know that she was leaning into my seat and leaned in to kiss me. I turned my head in time to where her lips met my cheek, but then her kisses trailed down my neck and I started to pull away even faster than before. I unlocked the door and then made a break for it to the building, where—thank God—Newton wasn't standing.

As I sped up to the penthouse, I needed to talk to King about what the hell just happened. Once I made it to the lobby of the penthouse, I saw King emerging from his room.