/16/ Unmade Promise Broken

AJ's POV

"You said you wouldn't!" Danny yelled at King. They were outside of the fighting ring. I could've sworn King said he stopped that.

"I didn't promise shit!" King yelled back while staggering.

"Thanks for calling me," I whispered to Connor when I had reached him in the crowd and put a hand on his shoulder. He looked down at me first and then passed me in order to glare at Landen, who had given me a ride here. I saw as King attempted to fight Danny, but it was a weak attempt. But it was the principle of the thing because even though he went on his rampages, he had never attempted at fighting Danny before. "What's wrong with him?"

"He's so drunk it's unbelievable," Ryan answered as his blue eyes surveyed the scene with an amazing calmness.

"Wait he's drunk too?" Connor asked.

"What do you mean 'too'?" I asked.

"I saw him smoking weed and doing a line outside the café earlier," Connor said, shaking his hair. I groaned. What happened to the King that said he was done with the drugs and the fighting? I wanted to feel anger, but I felt something that tarnished my insides and made me feel as sick as he'd feel tomorrow morning. It manifested into weight on my chest, but I had to ignore it to tap into a fury in order to get people to answer my questions. At this point, it was about getting King situated, not me.

"Who the f*ck did he get that shit from?" I asked. Ryan and Connor shrugged. I looked to Landen. He had a guilty look. I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"You did not," I said.

"He was hanging out with Darren and I—"

"I don't care, Landen!" I yelled. I stormed past King and Danny to leave, but I heard Danny say something.

"How dare you screw this up because of some girl!"

I turned on my heels to face him.

"This is because of some girl!?" I yelled, pissed off. That same tarnishing feeling was absolutely gone and in its place was searing red anger. It was Sam. Even though it had been about a month, it had to be about her. I stormed off, into one of the other fighting rings. I knew Sam would be here. And just where I found her last time, she was on the arm of a winning fighter. I climbed through the rubber surroundings of the ring and pulled off my hoodie so that I was in my tank top.

"Come here, bitch," I told Sam. She looked over and scoffed. She stepped near me with her arms crossed. "You wanna act like a hoe? I'll teach you the consequences."

"Girl fight!" someone yelled from the crowd. Sam took off her jacket to reveal her lingerie-turned-shirt and walked over in her stiletto boots. I was ready to fight. She narrowed her eyes and then swung at me without questioning my aggression towards her. At this point, I was sure everyone was surprised how long it took us to get to this point and that being said, we didn't really need a set reason to fight. I ducked at her attempts.

"How about we play a game? For every time you miss, it'll add a minute that I can kick your ass."

With that, I punched her in the jaw. She looked back at me.

"You little—"

She attempted to tackle me and I let her. Once on the ground, I pulled her into a wrestling position that I saw King do so many times. She kicked her leg up and her heel met my lip unpleasantly. With that came with slight weakness—enough for her to get up and then kick me.

"You're seriously, messing with a girl that's pregnant? Wow, you monster," she sneered. I swiped under her feet to where she fell on her ass. I wasn't here for her girlie, hair-pulling bullshit. I wanted to cause her as much pain as possible for everything she had done.