Chapter 8

~ Third Person POV ~

Marinette bit her lip as she stared up at the bakery ceiling, her Kwami's gaze resting on her.

"Hey, Tikki?" She asked her spotted Kwami.

Tikki cocked her head to one side in response.

"Do you think Adrien likes anyone?" She asked.

Tikki sighed in such a way that one would think that she's had this conversation many times before.

"I believe that Adrien can like whoever he wants, and if he liked anyone now, I don't see why it wouldn't be you" The Kwami responded.

"But I think the person that y/n was texting was Adrien! Do you think she likes him!? Or worse, do you think he likes her!?" Marinette panicked, sitting up in her seat,

"Mari, calm down. Just because one person is texting another, does that mean they like each other? No" Tikki explained, watching Marinette intently.

"They're probably just discussing the slumber-party" Tikki reassured the bluenette with a pat on the back.

Marinette's eyes widened as she completely stood up.

"Wha- what did you just say...?"

Marinette's Kwami squinted her eyes in confusion.

"Umm, I said that they're probably just discussing the slumber-party...?"

"Tikki! It's already 8:30! We were supposed to be there at 8:00!" Marinette fretted, her eyes frantic.

"Well, you know there's only one way you can get there fast enough..." Tikki said

Marinette cast her Kwami a sly smile.

"Tikki," She started. "Spot on!"

Marinette's hand shot in the air as her spotted costume wrapped around her.

"Alright Tikki, this is a little farfetched, but let's get to that slumber party!" The bluenette said, realizing how stupid it sounded after gathering her bags.

~ Time Rewind! (Oooh this is new) ~

Your POV

I ran to my front door and quickly grabbed the keys from my pocket, unlocked it, and tumbled inside.

Ow.

My mom must've heard me.

"Y/n!? Are you ok?" My mom panicked as she came rushing to me.

I hastily picked myself up and gave my mom a sheepish smile.

"Heh, just in a rush for the party. I want it to be AWESOME, y'know?" I asked my mom speedily, trying to get out of the conversation.

My mom shook her head as she closed the door. "You know, when I was your age we didn't have time for parties-" "OkThatsGreatMomItWasNiceTalkingToYouNowIGotToGoNowSoIGottaGoAndIJustSaidThatSoByeLoveYou!" I said, if that was even considered talking, as I rushed past her and up to my room.

I read the clock. 7:57. They would be here any. Freaking. Minute....

Gotta go FAST!!!!!!! I thought as I rushed literally EVERYWHERE trying to get EVERYTHING ready in time at SONIC speed. Meanwhile, my mom had absolutely no idea what was wrong with me.

To be honest, I didn't know either.

I finally got everything ready (yes, EVERYTHING), and just in time too. I heard a knock at the door.

I mentally high-fived myself. Nice one y/n.

I opened the door to see Adrian standing there, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey, y/n!" He greeted me.

"Hey! Just on time! I went freaking WILD trying to get this place ready. Needless to say I'm glad you didn't come sooner, 'cause I would've freaked out" I smiled sheepishly (What's with all my sheepish smiles??).

This earned a chuckle from Adrian, which was adorable, but we don't talk about that, as I let him inside.

Just after I finished showing Adrian around, I heard another knock.

I immediately shot a glance at Adrian that said I'm getting it.

He responded by charging at the door at full-speed.

"Hey!" I called after him, but I couldn't help a smile from spreading onto my face. "Not fair!"

I could go on and on bout how epic of a race this was, but it turns out he beat me. Yah...

Anyway, he opened the door, and I saw Nino AND Alya. I smirked at them. They didn't catch on. May the Gods witness I tried (PJO reference).

"Hey guys!" Adrian greeted. I smiled warmly at them. "Hey! Come on, guys" I gestured for them to come inside.

Once they came in, and once Adrian and I showed them around, I noticed that Marinette wasn't with them.

"Hey, guys... Where's Mari? It's almost 8:30 and she's not here yet..." I announced.

They all shrugged. I sighed.

"She'll just have to be late then. That's fine. I just remembered, I've got a game upstairs that we can play, so I'll go get that quick" I told them as I turned towards the stairs and headed to my room.

I started rummaging through my room, looking for the game. Come on... where are you...

Suddenly, I heard a big bumping noise coming from the roof. I jumped, startled. I think Quince was startled too, because he woke up from his hiding place.

"Wha- Hey, what was that!?" My Kwami demanded.

I placed a finger on my lip, gesturing for him to shut up, and I peered through a window.

I shrugged. "Must've been a raccoon or something..." I thought aloud. Quince grumbled and closed his eyes again. OH Quince...

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. I froze.

"DON'T. YOU. DARE." I yelled.

No one opened the door. Success.

I hastily grabbed the game and rushed downstairs, throwing the game on the couch as my attention turned towards the door. I swung it open to reveal Marinette.

She smiled at us. "Hey guys! Sorry I'm late" She apologized. "Nah, it's fine! Come in!" I told her.

We were about to have a lot of fun at this sleepover...