Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

"OK! Now that you're all here — well, almost, all here — do you guys wanna vote for a game to start playing?" I looked at them eagerly. "Wait– what do you mean by, 'almost all here?'" Nino questioned.

I looked around, seeing everyone else's confused faces nod in agreement. I opened my mouth as if to say something when there was a sudden knocking on the door.

I looked at everyone, giving them a shrug and a half smile. "How conveniently timed." I pointed out as I turned to open the door.

I smiled as I saw who it was.

"Yes! Now we can finally start the party!" I exclaimed. "Come in!" I said to the guest. "Nino, Alya, Mari, Adrien — this is Nathaniel!" I introduced.

A chorus of mixed hello's, hi's, and hey's, rung out as everyone introduced themselves. "OK! Now that we're all acquainted, let's vote for that game!" I announced.

We all put it to a blind vote, me being the person who counted the votes. The vote was between: hide and seek, spin the bottle, and Monopoly. In the end, this is how the vote unfolded: for truth or dare, 1/5. For Monopoly, 1/5. But spin the bottle ended up winning with 3/5.

Remind me why this game was a choice again?

However, despite my utter hatred for that game, I didn't want to spoil it for anyone. So everyone else placed themselves in a circle while I found a bottle in the kitchen.

Once I found it, I placed it on the middle of our circle as I took a seat next to Marinette and Alya.

"So, who wants to go first?" Alya spoke up confidently.

Cricket... cricket...

"No one?" Alya raised an eyebrow. "Going once..." Nothing.

"Going twice..." Cricket...

"Going... thrice...?" Nope.

Alya finally sighed. "No takers? Fine." She said as she spun the bottle.

We all leaned in slightly, anxious to see who it might land on.

Oh, Lord Jesus Christ I hope it lands on-

My thoughts were interrupted as the bottle landed on Nino.

YES! I internally screamed. Everyone turned their heads towards me. Oh. I didn't scream internally, did I?

I made a sheepish giggle as I covered my face with my hair, leaving enough room for me to still see the kiss that was about to happen right in front of me.

Nino was the first to lean in, and when Alya saw this, she didn't seem so afraid to lean in either. Finally, they kissed.

"Whoot!" I cheered. At first, I thought I was the only one cheering until I saw that Mari and Adrien had joined in too. Even Nathaniel was clapping.

The broke off, sheepish smiles playing on both of their faces. Aww! I mentally fangirled.

"OK, who's going next?" I asked. After a long pause, Nathan spoke up. "I'll try it." He volunteered. Everyone stared at him in surprise.

"Wow. By all means, go ahead." I told him. He smiled nervously as he spun the bottle.

It landed on Adrien.

This is almost too funny.

After a long and very awkward pause, Nathan hesitantly spun the bottle again.

We didn't stop him.

Eventually, the bottle came to a stop, pointed at none other than Marinette. Nathan blushed so that it looked as if his hair and his face were the same colour. Marionette didn't look too different.

Suddenly, Nathan leaned in hastily and kissed her. The kiss lasted no longer than a second, but we were all still cheering.

"Okay, who's next?" Alya questioned. "I'll do it." Adrien said, surprisingly without much nervousness lacing his tone.

He grabbed the bottle, and spun it. It spun around and around. I almost didn't realize it stopped until the room fell silent.

It landed on me.

I glanced up at Adrien, his face red. Wait, what!? I can't kiss Adrien! Especially not with Mari around! I know I've kissed him before, but that was only on the cheek! And besides, when I did that, I wasn't even able to control myself. I don't even know how I did something like that without losing it!

My mind was racing with all these thoughts, but I barely noticed that Adrien was steadily leaning in.

Closer, closer-

"Wait!" Marinette yelled as she stood up, putting her hand between the two of us. "Uh... I- um..." She stuttered.

Oh, no.

"H-How about some Monopoly!?" I shouted, trying to save Mari.

To my genuine relief, everyone nodded their heads in agreement, except for Adrien. He had this far-off look in his eyes, as if he was thinking deeply about something.

I held out my hand to him. "Let's go play with them. Okay?" I told him with a smile.

He smiled back.

~Time Skip!~

I sat down on my bed, remembering how fun the slumber party was. It had already been a day after the party, but that moment during spin the bottle always seemed to come back to me whenever I had time to think.

I don't know why, because there wasn't really anything to think about in terms of that moment.

Except for that look in Adrien's eyes after Mari interrupted the kiss.

A knocking on my balcony door interrupted my thoughts. My head quickly jerked over to the door as I sprung to my feet, my heart pounding in my chest.

Who the hell...?

I opened the door to reveal my balcony. Nothing else and no one else.I walked to the edge of the balcony, resting my hands on the sides, until a low, seductive voice filled my ears.

"Why, hello, mon petit chaton."

(A/N): YES! I've finally done it! Don't worry, a new chapter is coming out soon!
P.S. I am now relieved that 7 years in a French immersion school finally payed off...