o n e | of invisibility

—you were the unknown.

a ponytail, a t-shirt, and jeans.

she always had an eye for ordinary things. she loved how the trees would sway with the wind, how the birds would chirp perched by the windowpane every morning without fail, how dead leaves would rustle against the soles of her shoes.

and how this certain boy would walk into the school with his hands shoved in his pockets, head hung low like there wasn't anything to look forward to.

his name was donghyuck.

and in her eyes, he was the most mysterious, most alluring person on campus. but it wasn't the case for everyone else.

everyone else hated him.

he wasn't what you would call normal. he didn't talk, he didn't laugh, he didn't make eye-contact with anyone. and it wasn't because he didn't want to, no, it was because nobody did the same.

nobody wanted to talk to him.

he was the outcast of the school, and somehow, that made her heart reach out for him. not because she pitied him, but rather, because she knew exactly how it felt like to be ignored and casted aside.

but you don't understand;

sometimes she wished that it was her being thrown food at, laughed at, bothered to the nerves, because being bullied to her, was far more bearable than being absolutely invisible.

you don't understand.

being invisible isn't about people hating you, it was about people not even knowing you exist.