e i g h t | of wishes

—you were a storm.

at the end of the day, the girl went up to donghyuck, and gave him a smile.

" what's your wish before the year ends? "

just then, she saw the little sparkle in his eyes brighten, and her smile widened.

" nothing, " came his blunt reply, as his eyes seemed to say otherwise.

liar,
she almost spat out at him.

but " tell me honestly, " she said instead. donghyuck thought for a moment, his eyes darting around, as though contemplating on whether or not to obey.

" i want to go out at night, alone, and stare at the sky from a bed of grass. you know, like in those movies when lovers do, when it's like the stars turn loud and world turns perfect. i want to know how it feels like to be the only one alive, and have the night to myself— "

" donghyuck, " she gasped out in amusement. she never thought her simple question would make him talk so much.

" yeah? "

" what are you saying? "

and as if on cue, his eyes dulled, and her smile faltered. it was no longer bright twinkles of passion, but a dull stormy mess.

" never-mind. "

he then finished packing up his things and stood up, right about to exit the classroom when the girl held him back.

there was silence between them; thick silence, as the two stared at each other. until he broke it off, and shook his hand away from her grasp.

" i want to see the stars— " he mumbled under his breath, a little too soft for even himself to hear.

the girl tilted her head up in confusion, wanting him to repeat it again. a sigh escaped the boy's lips, before he continued on.

" —with you. "