t h i r t e e n | of annoyance

—you were comfort under the sun.

by the time the two finished the cheesecake slice, their small talk, and had their ice cream, it was half past six.

through the conversation she realized that maybe she had misjudged donghyuck from the start. it bugged her to when they walked back to the park.

because the reserved boy who knew when to let his heart out, was actually really fun! he had jokes, he had puns, he had comebacks and he held grudges. instead of the boy who was bullied on campus, he was a boy who loved to laugh.

" why don't you laugh much anymore? "

the question tumbled out absent-mindedly, confusing her thoughts with spoken words, a mere whisper which the boy somehow caught entirely.

" i just thought my laugh was annoying. "

she was confused. she didn't think it was at all. it was a comforting sound, even, one that could wake the world at the perfect time and even make the sun shine a little brighter. it was a kind of contagious laugh, and she couldn't understand how anyone would hate it.

" it's not, though? "

the boy smiled to himself.

" you think so? "

there was slight amusement in his tone, right before he barked a laughter in her face on purpose. a loud one, just by her ears.

" what the— " she cried out, rubbing her ear at the impact it brought. there was a cheeky smile on his face when they eyes met.

" annoying, isn't it? "

the girl held it in as she hit the back of his head, not even bothering to refuse the smile that threatened to appear.

" nope.
i love it. "