e l e v e n | of sacrifices

—you were the ocean waves.

" birthday boy, wanna go out later on? "

donghyuck scowled at the name, still able to feel the lingering taste of milk that dripped down his hair. it was a name he hated, one of the names he hated, simply because it was rolled of his lips.

" don't call me that. "

the girl raised her eyebrows, before remembering the incident just hours ago. she inhaled a faint gasp before rolling her lips into her mouth out of awkwardness.

" s-sorry. "

he waved it off, shoving his hands in his pockets after, before nodding his head at her question.

" where'd you wanna go? "

he earned a shrug in response, before she started darting her eyes around everywhere.

" i guess, we can get ice cream? of share a cheesecake at starbucks— oh! " she snapped her fingers, startling the boy.

" can you stay out till late tonight? "

he nodded in response, nonchalant about how long they would spend out, anyway. it wasn't like anyone cared.

" let's go see the stars. "

the boy stared at her for a while, before speaking in such a gentle tone, like her words touched him in some way. it sounded like the moment when waves hit your feet, when the coldness of the waters brought chills and comfort at the same time.

" you'd...do that for me? "

" of course! " she replied with a smile. " meet me at the park at seven? "

" five, " he corrected.

" why? "

" for the...cheesecake and ice cream. "

a laugh erupted from the girl, a delightful sound that made donghyuck want to hear it again and again, and again.

" see you at five, then. "

and as he and the girl parted ways back home, a small smile crept onto his face unknowingly, a small thought capable of clouding his mind blocking off everything else.

it's a date.

ive decided to make this 15 chapters and give it a happy ending :')

p.s. the jisung ff is posted! pls go check it out x