Epilogue

Epilogue: Eventuum varietate nos onerariam

“Mummy! Daddy, come on we’ll miss the train! It’s my first time at Hogwarts, I can’t be late!”

“Slow down, Gloria, I can’t walk that fast at the moment,” shouted Hermione as her presently youngest child ran across Kings Cross station. Hermione herself was waddling her way down the platforms. Being pregnant again, after so long, was not easy.

She watched with bated breath as her daughters black curls bounced out of sight.

“Sirius, can you go ahead and make sure that she hasn’t fallen into any oncoming trains?”

“Leo, look after your mother for a minute...”

Leo Black was almost the image of his father. He had the trademark Black Family good looks with a finely sculpted bone structure and elegantly draped hair, but he had his mother’s chocolate eyes and brown hair. He was the only one of their children that had inherited his mother’s colouring.

Leo and Gloria had a sister. She was 16 years old and the envy of all the other girls at Hogwarts with her long, wavy black hair and striking grey eyes. There was no doubt about it; they made for a very good looking family.

At this time, Sirius returned with the energetic Gloria. They continued to walk along the platform, to the barrier. With every inch they moved closer, Gloria’s smile seemed to widen. She did not even flinch when they passed through the barrier and onto platform nine and three-quarters, brilliant blue eyes shining.

The two eldest children immediately ran off to find their friends, leaving their sister with their parents.

“Where’s Ellie?” Gloria demanded at once, “She said that she was going to help me at Hogwarts.”

Hermione held her daughter’s hand tightly, not wanting to ever let go.

“I’m sure that Ellie and Harry will be here soon. Aunt Lily said that they were going to try and arrive early.”

Ellie was James and Lily’s daughter, 4 years junior to Harry, and starting her second year at Hogwarts. Growing up she and Gloria had been the best of friends, and she had promised that she would look after Gloria during her first year seeing as she was now slightly more knowledgeable about it.

Lavinia and Leo had materialised once more.

“See you at Christmas, Mum...Dad,” said Lavinia giving each of her parents a hug.

“Ron and Neville have gone to reserve us a compartment and we don’t want to keep them waiting,” explained Leo, as he too hugged his parents, “let us know the minute that he or she is born.” He pointed towards his mother’s very rounded stomach region.

“Study hard,” their mother replied, while Leo rolled his eyes.

“Play harder,” whispered Sirius to his son, so that Hermione could not hear him.

As she watched her elder children leave, Hermione could not help but smile in pride. She leaned down, as best as she could, to Gloria.

“Make sure you pay attention to your Uncle Remus’ lessons. He is a fabulous teacher.”

“Will Teddy be at Hogwarts?” Gloria looked up at her mother inquiringly.

“Not yet, sweetie, he’ll be at home with your Aunty Dora. He’s only a baby after all. I think I see Ellie over there. Do you want to run over and board the train with her?”

Gloria nodded and whipped her arms around her mother in a goodbye hug.

“Love you mummy.”

She then turned to Sirius who also pulled her into a hug.

“Love you Daddy. I’ll write heaps.”

She let go of her father, and broke into a run towards her friend.

Hermione felt Sirius’ hand link into hers and together they watched as their daughter ran up the steps and into the Hogwarts Express.

“You know, Mione, I love you too,” said Sirius, absent-mindedly resting a hand on her swollen belly.

“For all time?” said Hermione with one eyebrow rising slightly in a mocking manner as though she did not believe him.

“For all time,” replied Sirius, sealing the deal with a kiss.