Belated Birthday

Mark's POV
"Quick she'll wake up soon, Justin have you wrapped your present."
"Yeah." He answered in a grunt Alice was ready to knock at my signal I wanted to make this perfect for her. "Ok" I said whilst standing with a lighter next to the cake. "Happy Belated Birthday!" We all shouted as I lit the candles. "What's going on?" She asked confusion in her voice. "Well you didn't actually have a proper birthday due to the, the... thing that happened so we thought we would give you a belated one. Go on blow out the candles, make a wish."
"I wish that all of us will stay safe and that nothing bad will happen ever again." She announces as the candles were blown out. "Here's your present." Justin presented her with it. As the present was opened I felt Alice come up behind me. "You'll do find as a dad." Putting her arm around me I changed my attention to Miya. "One rule with this science kit, No Chloroform!"
"Wouldn't dream of it."

Miya's POV
"So what do you want to do?" Mark asked me as he flicked the kettle on as I was thinking Justin chipped in. "I want to show Miya something in my laptop." I looked at him confused "Okay, well I'll bring the teas into your room then Justin. Don't be too long though." We nodded and I followed him into his room. "Check this out, do you remember that girl that John shot?"
"Morbid but yes, Mabel Smith. So?"
"I found her Facebook page on your friends list... she posted something yesterday." He explained "But she died?" I asked confused "I know but look!" He showed me the screen that was bookmarked on her page and as he said there was a post. 'Had a great day yesterday best day of my life!' I was so confused. "But you know what we're alone so..." He leaned in towards me but I moved away. "No! You can't just tell me something like this and then just kiss me. Are you crazy!" I stood up and stormed out the door slamming it.

"Are you ok?" Mark asked I tried to hide my anger to not ruin his efforts. "Yeah, I'm ok"
"Are you sure? You seem kind of mad." His eyes were burning into me trying to uncover the truth. "Well... do you remember that girl who tried to save me from John?" I said trying to beat around the bush. "Yeah I used to teach her, she was quite smart actually." He said sadness in his eyes. "I know this sounds weird but I really wanted to see her get her GCSE results and see the smile on her face when she realised she could do whatever she wanted with her life. I actually looked at her results for her Mocks, she got the grades she really wanted." He looked like he was going to cry. "Ok, it's getting really depressing all of a sudden. Well anyway she posted something yesterday,"
"Wait what did she post?" He asked surprise in voice. I turned me phone on and showed him her Facebook page. "Are we sure this is her?" He asked "well she tagged someone maybe we could ask him, we could ask Kasper Keeling. He could prove to us that this is her." I suggested clicking on his page. "Wait I know Kasper he is in Mrs Priors class! I'll just talk to him on Monday. So, back to you have you figured out what you want to do?" He asked changing the subject. "Well I guess we could go eat and then I want to catch up on Stranger Things and Greys Anatomy, so?"
"Sounds like a plan." He said smiling.

As we were on our way to TGI Fridays Justin spoke up to stop the awkward silence between us. "Miya, I'm really sorry about what I did." I just turned to look out the window as Mark turned on the radio sensing the awkward feeling filling the car. "Breaking news infamous criminal John Wilkinson has been sentenced 8 years in Jail after informing police on his associate Andrew Grey." The news reporter announced causing a complete silence in the car. "I thought they had already caught Andrew?" Alice said turning down the radio. "Yeah he was on trial with John."
"Watch out!" Alice shouted from the front of the car, I watched Mark turn around and swore as he aggressively turned the wheel in the opposite direction before slamming on the brakes. We all sat breathless holding on to our seats. "Ok so that is why we don't look away from the road." Mark said voice still panicked. "Can we just get a takeaway?" I called from the back of the car. "Are you sure?" Alice asked "Yeah I'm a bit shaken up."
"Ok, if you really want to." I watched as Mark put his foot back on the pedal and turned the car around.

"Hey are you ok, Miya?" Justin said turning around to face me, I just ignored him. "Miya, you know I didn't mean to come across like that." I put my other headphone in my ear and absorbed the sound of Brendon Urie's voice blasting around my head. "Miya you should turn the music down, it'll hurt you're ears." Alice said turning around. I followed her instructions as she turned back around and tapped Mark on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear making him laugh. When we had finally made it home Justin grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his bedroom. "Ok, you can't ignore me anymore!" He sounded angry. "Can you let go of my wrists you're hurting me." I pleaded as I pulled my wrists away to reveal a red handprint mark. "I'm going to go now." As I was about to open the door he turned me around and started rubbing my arm. "Happy late birthday I love you, you know that don't you?" Before I could answer he kissed me, I tried to push him away but he just followed my lips grabbing my shoulders so I was being pushed against the wall. When I finally mustered up the strength I pushed him away. "Get away from me, you're sick!" At that point Mark ran in. "What's going on?" He looked from me to Justin. "What did Justin do?"
"He-he" Mark looked at Justin with a stern look. "I didn't do anything." I stopped him right there. "He's just like his dad!" I screamed. "Miya, go and sit with Alice. I need to talk to Justin about a few things." Mark was fuming but gave a sympathetic look towards me.

Mark's POV
"What did she mean by 'just like his dad'?"! I asked him he looked at me anger in his eyes "I'm nothing like him!"
"Stop right there, you sit down and tell me the truth."
"I tried to kiss her ok?" I stepped back "Why did you do that?" I shouted ashamed at him. "We kissed before and she said she loved me." I sat down next to him "You can't force someone to love you. If they like you they'll tell you, you can't rush them to make a decision. You don't have to be shaped by your parents, don't let him take over your brain." Tears of anger started falling down his cheeks "I hate him! I hate him so much!" He got up and walked out the door as I followed behind him. "Miya I'm so sorry will you ever forgive me?" He asked tears still running down his face he was about to speak again but Miya pulled him into a hug. "I love you but you need to know it's more like a brother then a boyfriend." He pulled away and nodded "I know, I truly am sorry." He wiped a tear away from his eye. "Come on, this is supposed to be a birthday who wants cake?" I exclaimed to which I got nod.

We were all sat on the sofa when Alice whispered in my ear. "I know it didn't go to plan but it ended up ok didn't it?" I looked over to Justin and Miya laughing at something on the T.V "yeah it did, I just wish we could have just one normal day. Is that too much to asks!" I looked Alice in the eyes and pulled her into a kiss. I guess life isn't too bad after all, I have her.

End of chapter question: What are your current opinions on Justin, Miya, Mark and Alice?
Leave your answer in the comments.