Custody

Mark's POV

"Honey, there's someone at the door for you." I rolled over to face Alice who had her hand on my shoulder, cold against my skin. "There is someone at the door for you." I got up and threw a shirt on before leaving the warm bedroom. "Hello?" I said as I opened the door yo see a man in a suit carrying a briefcase. "Good morning Mark." He invited himself in and sat at our breakfast bar as I chose to sit on the sofa feeling underdressed in my PJ bottoms and yesterdays shirt. "I need to talk to you about your placement at the school." He opened up the briefcase and took out a document stapled together. "Please let me keep that job, I don't know what I'd do without my classes they're amazing, make my week some of them I guess." I begged him. "There is a chance that you won't have to if a few things are put in place." He put the document in front of me that I tried to read through it but my brain was still half asleep. "I'm really sorry it's just really early and..." He picked up the papers again "Yeah I guess it is a lot to take in at 8 o-clock, sorry." He started reading the document to my slowly so my brain could take it in. "So you are saying that all I have to do is redo my CRB check and have someone sit down and watch my lessons for a little while and then things can go back to normal?"
"Yes I guess so but there is also something you need to know before signing this. It's about Miya. You won't be able to talk for a while." He passed me a pen waiting for me to sign. "What if Miya comes to me though?"
"You'll just have to ignore her, other teachers will be informed so they'll help out."

                                                                  Miya's POV

"So you remember what that guy told you about not running straight to Mark in the morning and that you're with Mrs Prior today in mentor and science for a little while as he's getting back to routine and the CRB people will be there." I grabbed my backpack before walking out the door. "I know but I just want to see him." She sighed at me. "I know but you don't want to put his job at risk." She made a good point if I mess this up I might never get to see him again. "If I don't think about him being at school it will be fine." She smiled at me as the car started to drive off. "Don't forget your counselling session at 11, have a good day!" I hopped out the car and went to the library where I have been hiding in the mornings and break. "How are you this morning Miya?" Mrs Kerry asked as I grab my book from my bag. "I'm ok, going to try and finish tis book today so I can start the one you recommended to me." She smiled before handing me a small box that contained a notebook and fancy pen. "You can use it as a diary or to write stories in, it's just you've been through so much."  I felt like I could hug her. "Thank you, it's amazing!"

"Mrs Prior I need to go to my appointment." It was 11 o-clock which meant that I needed to sit in a chair and talk about my 'feelings' for an hour. "Ok, see you in afternoon mentor." When I was outside the door it was closed so I took a seat keeping an eye on the door, every so often looking at the clock. "I'll see you in a week Mark." I heard the lady say as he walked out catching my gaze for a few seconds. "Morning." He said before awkwardly "Um hey." I said as I watched him nervously brush his hand through his hair before walking off and I got up and entered the room. "So Miya take a seat, how have you been?" I sat down in the reclined chair that always feels weird. "I've been feeling empty like somethings missing." She wrote something down on her notepad. "How long have you been feeling like this?" I started to play with my fingers that were resting on my chest. "Well ever since I started living with my mum and dad again its just been different. "I knew why I felt that something was missing and I knew who were missing. "Well its very normal to feel like this and I think I know who you're missing as well." Please don't say his name because then I'll want to talk to him more then what happened outside. "It's ok you can talk about Justin... it must be hard for both of you." I breathed a sigh of relief when she gave me an excuse to talk about Justin and forget about Mark for a bit.