Part three - pancakes and coffee

When I woke up, it was light outside, I could hear the birds singing and the children playing outside our window.
I looked up at Daryl, he had his arms around me, of course still asleep, his hold made me feel cosy and warm inside.

I just led there because I didn't want to disturb him, he seemed peaceful.

"Good morning princess" he said jokingly as he slowly woke up.

"Good morning Daryl" I replied.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, putting a shirt on.

"Great thankyou, best sleep I've had in a while... did you?"  I reply.

"Not really, your snoring kept me awake" he joked, throwing me a fresh shirt to put on.

We had a nice morning together, he made pancakes and coffee and we sat and talked for a while.

"Have you ever been In love, daryl?" I asked him.

"In love?"

"Yeah, you know, love? That feeling of butterflies whenever that person is near, or the sense that one person can make everything okay" I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well then, no, I guess not" he said with a solemn tone, getting up to wash his cup. "Have you Greeney?" He asked shyly.

"Nope, I mean I've had boyfriends" i said, "but nobody thats made me feel special".
I got up and leaped towards daryl, wrapping my arms around him. I felt his chest against me, beating at a steady pace. I looked up at him, gazing into his deep eyes and almost getting lost in them.

Then we were interrupted by a knock at the door.

It was Deanna, she had come to take me to work.

"Hello!... Oh sorry, I'm not interrupting anything am I?" She asked.

"No, you weren't" I said looking at Daryl, he smiled and agreed.

"Well I'm here to take you to the children, they're really looking forward to meeting you! We'll pick Judith up on the way over." She said enthusiastically
"oh and Daryl Aaron would like to see you at his house.... Bye!"

I then went off to work with Deanna.
_______
Yo, sorry chapter is short and kinda boring but I'm getting there...
There will be some juicy bits to come🌚💞
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!