Part seven - clear my head

DARYLS POV:

I left the house, left Beth wondering where I was going.
I went to get some air, and clear my head.

It didn't work.

I walked around the town for a while, groaning and grunting in annoyance.

After a while of pacing around, I came across Deanna who seemed to be heading towards my house.

"Ah daryl just the guy I want" she says patting me on the back. "Where's Beth?"

"At home"

"Ah well I wanted to ask a favour, is there any chance you and Beth could go on a run?" She added.

"Where?"

"It's not far from here, a few miles east. We need some supplies for Judith" she continued. "We haven't had a baby here for so long, there's nothing here of much use" Deanna said.

"Oh I see, sure I'll check with Beth first though"

"Of course, let me know by the morning" she says enthusiastically.

I made my way back to the house, not really wanting to face Beth. My thoughts were a jumbled mess but I knew one thing, I didn't want her getting attached and hurt.

And I couldn't let myself get too attached, everyone I love, I lose. I couldn't cope with loosing her as well, I had to withdraw myself before it was late.

I got back to the house and I found Beth sat on the couch singing sweetly to herself, her voice is so beautiful and she really does sound like an angel.

"Beth" I said, as she looked up at me with a smile beaming from ear to ear.

"What is it?" She says motioning for me to take a seat next to her. Which I refuse.

"Deanna wants us to go on a run tomorrow" I continue, "I said we'd be happy to do it".

"Yes of course, that's fine. As long as I'm with you" she giggled to herself, standing up to give me a hug. She wrapped her arms around me, her warmth felt cosy and safe.

I grabbed her arms and removed them from my waist. "I'm going to bed, you'd better do the same".

I walked into the bedroom, Beth followed. I sat on the edge of the bed and began to take my clothes off. Beth did the same.

"You don't mind do you?" Beth asked. Implying that we'd be sharing the bed for the night.

"It's awfully cold, you said it yourself. We could do with some extra warmth?" She said as she nudged me onto my side of bed.

I nodded in agreement and we both slipped under the covers, it didn't take long for Beth to fall asleep and before long she was snoring away gently. She looked so peaceful and beautiful.

I wrapped my arms around her pulling her closer to me for warmth, after a while I fell asleep too.

_______
Writers note:
So I thought I'd put this cute little scene in for y'all, let me know what you think🌚💞
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!