Part thirteen - without a doubt

BETHS POV:

That night I lost my virginity to daryl, it was incredible and he made me feel so special. I had been craving it for eternity and finally it had happened.
The next morning I got up early and had a shower, Daryl was still sleeping by the time I had finished.
I sat down on the bed beside daryl and watched him sleep peacefully, he was so gorgeous.

Eventually he awoke and I was met with the most beautiful grin.

"Morning" I said, leaning In and kissing daryl sweetly on the cheek.

"Morning" he says back, pulling me in for a more passionate kiss.

"So -- last night" he says grinning to himself.

"Was amazing" I added, "have you thought about what I said?"

"About telling Maggie?" He asks.

"Yeah, I don't want to pressure you into telling anyone. We can keep quiet if that's what you want" I say solemnly.

"Of course it's what I want..." He says pulling me in for a cuddle. "I -- I just want to be certain".

I was confused by this, does he mean he isn't certain about us?

"What -- what do you mean?"

"I want to be certain that I can keep my promise this time, to keep you safe and love you. Forever." He says with a smile.

I leap on top of him, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"I'll invite Maggie over for lunch, we'll tell her then." I state, enthusiastically.

DARYLS POV:

"So what will we say to them?" Beth asks me grinning.

"I don't really know"

"How about, i love you and you love me?" She says wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"Sounds good to me" I reply kissing her on the forehead.

We prepared a meal of spaghetti and garlic bread for lunch. Beth was a great chef.

Finally Maggie and Glenn arrived, I felt sick with worry that Maggie wouldn't approve, but inside I knew that she wanted Beth to be happy. And I make her happy.

After we had eaten Beth thought it was a good time to tell Maggie.

"So you're probably wondering why we invited you over" Beth says with a beaming grin. She looks over at me and I smile back.

"Well Glenn and I have a suspicion..." She says with a slight giggle.

"So daryl and I -- well -- we're a thing" Beth says blushing.

I looked over at Beth and then at Maggie, she smiled, then leaped up and hugged Beth.

"See I told ya" she says to Glenn, who in turn hugs Beth.

"Wait -- what?" Beth says confusingly.

"We've seen the way you are with eachother" Glenn says placing a hand soothingly on beth's back.

I chuckle as Beth wraps her arms around me.

A massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I was so nervous that Maggie wouldn't be happy for us. There's quite a big age gap between Beth and I, but it didn't bother either of us.

"So what exactly does this mean?" Maggie asks.

Beth looks at me, waiting for me to answer.

"I'm not really sure -- we haven't really talked about it yet" I say nervously.

"But it means we best have a chat Beth" Maggie says implying that they'd have to have the 'birds and the bees' talk.

"Don't be silly" Beth giggles. We both blush.

"So we best be going" Glenn says.
"we're both extremely happy for y'all" Maggie adds.

Maggie and Glenn headed off home, leaving Beth and I to relax.

"It's been a long day, huh" she says to me pulling my face closer to hers allowing our lips to meet with a gentle kiss.

"Hmmh" I grunt in agreement.

"We made the right decision" Beth says. "Telling Maggie?"

"Without a doubt" I reply.

______
Writers note:
Ah so Maggie as happy for them! Hurrah!🌚💞
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!