Part ten - what i had always wanted.

DARYLS POV:

We arrived back at Alexandria, I was extremely worried about Beth. She was unconscious and had a very high temperature.
I drove through the gates headed straight for the medical room, I climbed out of the car and picked up Beth.

"Denise!" I called out several times, holding Beth in my arms.

Denise, along with Tara, ran out of the building in a panic.

"Oh god" Denise says, signalling for me to bring Beth inside, "what happened" she asks in a hurry.

"She hit her head, we were on a run" I say barely getting my words out. I was so worried and I was still overwhelmed with guilt.

"I'll get Maggie" Tara says as she rushed off into the streets to find Beth's sister.

I stood back and watched as Denise and a few other residents fuss over Beth's unconscious body.

"Please save her" I found myself muttering, I could barely string a sentence together.

"Daryl" Denise says shaking me. "She's not going to die, she just passed out".

All of a sudden Maggie burst through the doors in a fluster, Glenn was right behind her.

"What happened?" She asked running over to her sister.

"I -- I um"

"DARYL! What happened. Is she bit?" Maggie says expecting Beth's body. Trying to piece together the situation.

"No -- she um"

Maggie just looked at me in confusion. Denise saw I was struggling to come to terms, so she told Maggie what had happened. I felt a sense of relief come from Maggie that her sister wasn't seriously hurt.

"What's wrong with you, man?" Glenn asked me, pulling me to the side of the room.

"I'm just worried, about Beth" I say trying to hold back my emotions. Glenn tried his best to reassure me that everything was okay, it didn't help much.

Inside I was being swallowed by my own guilt.

Soon after, Denise let me take Beth back to our house to let her recover. I sat with Beth for hours before she managed to regain consciousness, I held her hand and wiped her forehead with a wet towel.

Eventually Beth woke up from her peaceful sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and I was met with a familiar beautiful smile.

"Hey" she said, grabbing hold of my hand.

"You scared me, Greeney" I said stroking her pale cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you cared. You seemed so distant lately, we never really talk" she said, sitting up in the bed.

I reached out and tucked a stray hair behind her ear and kissed her on the forehead.

Beth and I were like magnets, I leaned in close to her face, her soft grey eyes were fully on me.

My eyes glanced towards her lips, and hers at mine, I leaned in further.

Our lips locked softly and then more passionately, my heart raced. This is what I had always wanted.

_______
Writers note:
So it finally happened! I hope you liked this chapter, more of this sort of thing to come🌚💞
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!