Chapter 4

I drained the tub and stood up, grabbing the towel from where I hung it on the shower curtain rod. I wrapped it around me as I walked to the sink and blew out the scented candles Chloe gave me. The candles and everything else scented in the box really did help me relax and it’s a shame it couldn’t last longer. My fingers were wrinkling and I heard a few people come home; meaning Chloe must be starting dinner by now. After I get dressed I’ll help Chloe out because it definitely isn’t easy to make enough food to feed six full grown guys by yourself.

          I tried to dry most of my hair with a towel and didn’t bother to brush it because of the insane, frizzy curls. After throwing on long shorts with monkeys on them and a large black V-neck shirt, I headed to the kitchen.

          “Hey, Chloe.” I greeted and walked towards the counter where she kept the cook book. I peered down at the name of the food and squinted my eyes to get a better view of the words, but none of the letters formed words. “What are we making?” I asked, figuring Chloe would explain it since I’m having a hard time reading the ingredients.

          She shrugged her shoulders while pulling out two large pots. “Some funky pasta with chicken in it. Well, I think its chicken.”

          I raised my eyebrows, looking at the picture the book provided. “Chicken parmesan?”

          “Probably. Did the stuff help you relax? I know we were kinda loud, I hope that didn’t bother you.” She winced and pulled out six boxes of spaghetti. This is going to take a while.

          “Yeah. I had to switch from the radio to my ipod, though.” I explained while turning on the stove for her while she filled the pots up with water.

          She giggled and put the two pots on the stove, going over to the freezer and pulling out three oversized bags of frozen chicken. “I can’t help it! I love having an Alpha mate, I don’t know what it is that gives him such a big-“ she stopped talking when I grimaced which I was thankful for. I’m not fond of hearing these things about my brother, but Chloe loves talking about him. So usually I just block it out. Besides, sometimes she would be so lost in her thoughts of Jackson that she would stop talking and stand in one place, just smiling to herself.

          I realized she didn’t stop talking for my sakes because she was staring at something behind me. Turning around I noticed Logan, one of Jackson’s friends and I think fifth in command, looking oddly between us. I think he knew what Chloe was about to say because after a disgusted look, he grabbed three beers and then left.

          Me and Chloe stayed silent until I heard her mumble something. “You think he’ll tell Jackson we were talking about him?”

          I laughed and corrected, “You mean you were talking about him.”

          She bumped my hip with hers and then proceeded to finish preparing the food, instructing me to do different jobs every now and again. After a half an hour of nonstop cooking, the food was finished. I looked at the clock and it read six, meaning Beck should have been home a while ago. He really worried me when he didn’t come home until late because I always over think things and assume he’s doing something dangerous like drinking or getting high. I know it’s ridiculous, he wouldn’t mess up his life like dad, but you never know what to expect with Beck.

          I turned around at the sound of a door opening and smiled when I saw Beck walking in with Emma trailing behind. “Hi, Beck! Hey, Emma! Dinner’s ready.”

          Both of them ignored me and disappeared up the stairs. Maybe they went out to eat. “Dinner’s ready!” Chloe yelled, gaining the attention of all the guys as they came running in, fighting each other to the pot of spaghetti.