Chapter 15

After school I had to stay after to finish a test and when I got to the parking lot Beck’s truck was gone. I had to walk home in the rain without a jacket and it took me a lot longer than usual since my energy level was low. I haven’t gotten the chance to eat since yesterday and even then I barely ate.

          I’ve decided to start dieting because of the numerous amounts of comments lately on my weight. I never realized how big I was until people started saying things and I spent an hour last night just staring at myself in the mirror.

          When I got home I ended up changing and crawling right into bed, too exhausted to do anything. I stared at the wall, thinking over Blake’s dismissal of me yesterday and whether I should still go to the dance or not.

          I haven’t seen him since yesterday, which isn’t much considering I was at school all day. He seemed pretty secure yesterday about his answer, but I’m contemplating asking him again without all his friends around. It could have just been because he was embarrassed.

          A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts and I rolled over in bed as Chloe poked her head through the door. “Hey, Rain. Jackson wants to see you and I need you to take something over.”

          I sighed and sat up, slipping my feet into my black flats. “Okay, I’ll be down in a minute.” She smiled and left, leaving me to myself.

          Jackson was over at the pack house with the Alpha above us to discuss the rouge situation. I had a feeling he wanted me to say stuff about what happened and what Dave said, but I really didn’t want to be in a room with twenty men twice as big as me. And Jackson knows that.

          Looking in the mirror real quick to make sure I looked presentable, I grabbed my bag and a jacket before strolling downstairs. Chloe was in the kitchen in casual clothing with her hair tied in a pony to the side. It amazes me how she can pull off a lazy look and still look gorgeous.

          “He needs these papers and his laptop.” She stated, nodding her head to a pile of papers on the counter.

          “Shouldn’t you be at the meeting with him?” I asked, picking up the papers and petting Blizzard as he nuzzled against my side.

          She laughed and then flipped a page in the magazine she was reading, sipping on her coffee. “Like he wants me in a room with twenty territorial men. Too much testosterone.” She explained heatedly. “But I keep popping in every now and again just to remind him that I am Luna.”

          I grinned at her and shook my head. “He just doesn’t want you to worry about pack stuff and get stressed out.”

          “But it is my pack.” She stated.

          I nodded my head and asked her if she would need any help with dinner, but she shook her head and dismissed me. I grabbed Jackson’s laptop case from his office, closed the door and then left the house through the back door.

          Blizzard came with me and I have a feeling Jackson won’t be too happy with that, but he won’t make a big deal of it, especially in front of another pack.

          When I was outside the pack house, which is only a few hundred feet away from the house, I noticed black cars parked out front with tinted windows. I couldn’t tell if anyone was inside or not, but I had a feeling the answer was no because Jackson’s meeting started fifteen minutes ago.

          As I opened the front door, I let Blizzard in and paced the front hall for a few minutes, trying to work up the nerve to walk in there. I couldn’t go in there with all those men, especially if they brought alcoholic beverages.