Chapter 10

I turn the shower off and silence fills the air. Kelly must have already finished with his shower. My heart drops a little when I realize that our conversation isn't going to pick up where it left off.

Wrapping my towel around my body, I step out of the shower stall. Cold air hits my body, sending a shiver through my spine.

"Better not stand around too long." Shay says as she walks in to shower as well. "Kelly is in her too. The tension might be too much." She whispers.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and smack her shoulder. "It's not like that will ever happen."

"Oh. Okay." Shay adds with a sarcastic tone then dips into the shower stall.

I grab my shower caddy then head to the sink area to brush my teeth and put on some make up.

I round the corner to see Kelly standing there, shaving, in nothing but a towel.

"Hey." I say shyly as I set my stuff down on the vanity and pull out my toothbrush.

Kelly pauses for a second with his razor and we make eye contact through the mirrors. "Hey." He smiles then picks back up where he left off on his face.

"You should really wear more clothes." I smirk and put the toothbrush to my teeth.

"Is that right?" He asks with a raised brow. "Why's that?"

"It's distracting." I admit after I spit the toothpaste into the sink and rinse my mouth out. "How am I supposed to get any work done?" I add in a surge of confidence before picking my stuff up and walking away.

I hear Kelly sigh loudly as I walk away. I pray I'm driving him as crazy as he's driving me.

I change quickly and tie my hair up. I decide against putting on any make up since I'm going to pass out as soon as I get into my bunk.

"Chanel!" Gabby calls my name into the locker room.

I call back. "What's up?"

"You've got some visitors for you." Gabby replies and shuts the locker room door.

I throw my clothes on and make my way out to the common area. As soon as I get into the room, I'm rushed by my two little rugrats.

"Mom!" Scotty shouts as he sees me and clings to my leg.

"Hey, buddy." I smile down at him and ruffle his hair.

Emily then clings to my other leg. "Grandpa had to come talk to your boss." She says. "We missed you too, mommy."

"Awe, I missed you too, sweetie." I tell her as I bend down and pick her up. I saddle her on my hip. "How about we eat some lunch and play a game?"

"Okay!" Both of my kids say in unison.

We get in line to grab some lunch as my dad and Boden emerge from his office.

"Westermore." Boden says as he taps on my shoulder. "Can I talk to you for a second in my office?"

"Uh, sure." I agree and set Emily down.

"Can I come with you, mommy?" She asks as she peers up at me with her large, round eyes.

Herrmann jumps in. "How about we get lunch while your mom talks to the chief?" He suggests and picks Emily up. "Sound good?"

Emily nods her head up and down then follow Boden into his office.

"Have a seat." He gestures to the chair in front of his desk while he closes the door. "So how do you like it at 51 so far?" Boden asks as he sits down in his chair across from me.