4: Breakfast with the Lees

I whisper my lines to myself as I walk to the studio the next morning. We're filming slightly out of order, so today is Victor's introduction scene, and maybe Gabriel's if we have enough time. It's all stuff set in Kota's house. Since the fans already know the Ghost Bird boys, the introduction scenes allow me to establish a rapport with them rather than introducing the boys themselves.

"We're still kind of settling in," I say.

"You know how guys are. Give them two minutes, they think they know everything."

The script contains specific directions for me to "cut my food in a normal manner", which I find rather odd. There are lots of little mannerism cues, so I guess I'll get used to it. I've never seen such a lengthy description of how to put my hair up in a clip before, though.

When I get to WION I'm immediately whisked away to makeup, where a quiet lady carefully paints a bruise on my hip. She adds a sealer so it won't be smudged by my skirt. Then, she wraps a bandage around my arm and adds some miscellaneous scratches. To finish off my look she does some light facial makeup so I won't get washed out by the lights.

At wardrobe I'm handed a pair of striped blue pajama bottoms and a baggy green t-shirt. I change into them as quickly as possible. I still have yet to see any of the guys, although I did see a young girl going to the makeup trailer.

"Right, so first I wake up. I look around, but don't see Kota. I hear talking and hide under the blanket. Victor jumps on me. I hold my arms up slightly so he can grab them easily through the blanket. Kota reprimands Victor, and he gets off of me," I recite.

Someone taps my arm. "Excuse me, but do you know where the filming area is?" the little girl I saw earlier asks. She has light brown hair and adorable pink glasses. She must be Jessica, Kota's younger sister.

"I'm headed there now actually, so you can walk with me," I tell her. She smiles, not looking quite as distressed. "Weren't you on the show before?" I ask. It seems like Kota's family would have come up at some point in the last two seasons.

Jessica shakes her head. "No, one of the additional changes this season is an additional focus on family. Erica's been in a few episodes but this is my first time," she explains.

Nobody's mentioned that to me before. "Well, we can be newbies together. How does that sound?"

Jessica grabs my hand. "Great! I'm not allowed to act very often so I won't be here all the time, but when I am I'll always say hi!" she exclaims.

In the filming area people are hard at work setting up Kota's bedroom, a staircase, and the kitchen area. It always freaks me out seeing rooms without a ceiling no matter how many times I've been on a set. Kota's room has a neatly made bed, a matching bookcase and dresser, and a large desk. Two empty mugs sit on the a nightstand.

An older woman wearing a black skirt and purple blouse walks over to me. "Hello Sang, I'm Isabel Clark. I'm the director for Ghost Bird. I don't know how I haven't met you yet, but it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm hoping we can have an excellent season working together," she says. I shake her proffered hand.

"I'm excited to be here Ms. Clark," I say.

"Oh, please call me Isabel. I don't have time for formalities." As if to emphasize her point, she rushes off to reprimand some of the workers for tacking up a poster in the wrong place. "It was on the other wall last season! I don't want continuity errors already!" she exclaims.

Jessica glances around the room. "I'm supposed to find Erica," she says. I don't know what Erica looks like, but I try to find her anyway. Thankfully Jessica spots her after a moment and rushes off.