GBFCI Newsletter 07.10

GBFCI Weekly Newsletter

July 10th

Rebecca Hill, LA GBFCI Chapter President

Greetings everyone from the sunny city of LA! The summer is in full swing, and so is your wonderful GBFCI team. We're working hard to give you the latest in the Ghost Bird world! Do you crave more than news though? Submit a fanfiction to our weekly contest! Each year one of the winners will be randomly chosen for the ultimate prize- a dinner date with one of the GB boys! Can you tell I'm excited? Four exclamation points! (Now five...)

~Items of Business~

I. News

II. In-depth Analysis and Predictions

III. Fanfic Spotlight

I. News

In case you haven't seen it yet, the Season Three trailer was released at eight this morning. Lasting a full ninety seconds, it gives us additional glimpses of all the boys we know and love. Sang Sorenson also gets a surprising amount of screen time, but that'll be discussed in the in-depth analysis. The trailer gives us the first confirmed start date for Ghost Bird- September 13th. That's just over two months away! As with the Season Two release, GBFCI will be holding contests and raffles leading up to the 13th so stay tuned for more information and awesome prizes!

The Ghost Bird: Academy Lifestyle app hit the app stores this week. Although it costs $1.99, in my opinion it's two dollars well spent. In addition to a more mundane chat room and photo-sharing feature, it also contains a revolutionary aspect known as The Stalking Corner. The app allows users to pinpoint the locations where they spot GB cast using the GPS function on their phones. The user can also upload a photo of the GB member, verifying that they actually are at that location. After a month of usage, the analysts at GBFCI hope to use The Stalking Corner data to compile a database of the places most visited by the GB cast. That way, fans will have the best information on where to spot the GB boys.

The app is also able to identify clothing brands just by a picture of the items in question. Do you have a Kota-dummy, but the polo shirt just isn't the right fit? Use the Stalking Corner, try to find Kota, and take a picture of his shirt. Ghost Bird: Academy Lifestyle will tell you in seconds what brand the shirt is! It's amazing what technology can do. Don't live in LA? Ask someone else to take the photo for you in exchange for a few favors! Remember, favors can be bought in the app store for the wonderful price of $10.00/favor. Thirty dollars to find out Mr. Blackbourne's tie brand? Priceless.

II. In-depth Analysis and Predictions

A special report by the leading GBFCI Analyst, Mia Rose

The Season Three trailer has brought up many questions. Most people, myself included, had assumed that the addition of Sang Sorenson would be a small one. According to the trailer though, she'll become in essence the main character. The GB boys have been relegated to the sidelines in their own show. What are the initial reactions? Shock, anger, and jealousy, not to mention a fair amount of concern. The GB boys have been working together for two years already, and their dynamic is unusual to say the least. How will the addition of a tenth person- a girl- affect that?

The concern stems mostly from the fact that Ghost Bird has a three-season contract that's up for renewal. It's a huge risk to implement such a drastic change right now. It seems more prudent to wait until the fourth season, when the show would be locked in for another three years. Tom Wion never has had the best interest of the show in mind, though. Just yesterday he came under fire for having an affair with a reporter who's also the mother of one of the GB cast. It's only through the merit of the actors and the storyline that the show has survived thus far.