Going under

Chapter 9.
Skylar's POV.
I was sitting on the couch, holding Jacob while Ryder was napping as Bree was pacing, biting her fingernail in the process.
"Bree, calm down."
"I can't calm down. My baby brother is injured and you expect me to be calm. What would happen if one of your sisters from the pod of solution or whatever it is, got injured?"
"Technically, I have my own pod and the other females on Caldera have their own as well, so I don't have a sister." I explained as I grinned at Jacob before we heard footsteps and Kaz descended down the stairs, Bree immediately asking.
"How is he?"
"Alive. Sel got him good. He also has a fever." He told me, grabbing a glass of water and a bottle of fever reducer and was about to go upstairs before I grabbed his arm.
"Is he awake?"
"Yes. He was actually asking for you."
"Can I go with you?" She asked.
"I don't see why not. Sky, do you have the kids under control?"
"They're all napping except him." I told him as they went upstairs as I sighed while looking at Jacob. "Go to sleep, cutie."
Bree's POV.
"Now be quiet, I'm not sure if he fell back to sleep or not." Kaz told me as we both came in and I was relieved to see Chase covered up and in at least a shirt.
"How's he doing?" I heard Kaz ask Oliver as I continued to stroke Chase's hair.
"Well, he fell back to sleep. I got him cleaned up and in clothes, and his fever is peaking at 101." Oliver explained.
"We should probably wake him up and get this in him."
I gently put my arm on Chase's shoulder while slowly shaking him from his sleep.
"Hey, Chase? You need to wake up for a few minutes." I whispered as his eyes fluttered open, making me smile as I missed his forehead while holding his hand.
"W-what happened?" He asked quietly as Kaz was pouring the medicine into a spoon.
"Long story. We just need you to take this, ok?" Kaz asked, holding up the spoon as Chase reluctantly opened his mouth and gagged on it before I gave him his water.
"There you go." I smiled, setting it on the nightstand. "Now, get some sleep." I told him as I ruffled his hair before he fell asleep, leaning on my shoulder.
"Hey, should we try and get you out?" Kaz asked as I shook my head.
"He needs sleep. I'm not gonna stand in the way of that."
The boys both went downstairs as I sighed, holding his hand.
"Please be ok." I whispered.
Oliver's POV.
"There are agents everywhere! What do we do?" I asked, shutting the blinds.
"I say we roast them all!" Kaz yelled.
"And that's how we'll get arrested." Skylar told him as she sighed. "Until this gets sorted out, I don't think we can do missions anymore."
"What?!" Both Kaz and I yelled.
"Well, we have kids now who could have super power outbursts at any second, and the only member of our team who doesn't have superpowers is injured. We need to tell Mr. Davenport what happened." I told them.
"That's ridiculous." Kaz told me as I snapped.
"Well, what's your bright idea?"
"Well-"
"That's what I thought! You've got nothing!"
"Guys stop!" I yelled, standing in between the two. "You're tearing apart our team and your friendships!"
"Well, then. Oliver, you be the decider. We stop doing missions until this blows over or kill government agents and get killed ourselves?" Skylar demanded.
"I'm really sorry, Kaz. But Skylar has the better point. It's better for us to lay low for awhile. Just till this blows over."
Kaz shook his head as he demanded.
"What happened to guys over gals?"
"I could ask you the same thing, Kazimi-" I started before stopping myself. "I'm just making this worse. Kaz, this plan is a good idea. The kids can grow up without us having to leave every twenty minutes, Chase can recover safely and there are all the kids at the academy who can easily deal with whatever happens. So...deal?"
He nodded.
"Deal."
Just as we hugged, we heard a loud vomiting noise from upstairs as Kaz and I both looked at each other before running up the stairs to see Bree and Chase in the bathroom as the younger was spewing into the toilet while the older was rubbing his back.
"Bree, what happened?"
"Chase said the medicine you gave him made his stomach upset. Next time, use Tylenol." She told us as she helped Chase off the floor and into bed.
"Are you guys ok?" I asked.
She nodded as she pulled the blanket over his shoulder before looking at us.
"What's the plan?"
"We're gonna go silent till this whole thing dies over." I told her.
"Sounds good. Have you told Mr. Davenport yet?" She asked.
"I was just about to call him. What's his number again?"
She quickly gave me his number as Kaz and I walked out. This WAS a solid plan, right?