Slow Recovery, New Predicaments

Chapter 10.
Chase's POV.
I groaned as pain slowly radiated through my body before sitting up and seeing Kaz flipping through a comic book. before looking up and immediately standing up, gently pushing me down into the pillows.
"What happened? The last thing I remember is Sel yelling at you guys to leave. After that, everything is a haze."
"Basically it's been you getting high fevers before it goes back to almost normal, then it goes up again and Oliver and I having to pull Bree out of here every night."
I nodded before Kaz sat down at the foot of the bed before asking.
"How are you feeling? Cause you were in pretty bad shape a few days ago. All bloody and gross and-"
"I get it!" I yelled, not wanting to be reminded again before adding. "I'm mostly just achy all over."
"Mostly?" Kaz raised a eyebrow.
"Stomach doesn't feel great, but that's probably just me being sick and injured."
Kaz nodded as he grabbed the thermometer and stuffed it in my mouth, almost making me gag before he pulled it out.
"100.1"
"Hey, can you send Bree in here?" I asked.
"Sure. I didn't sleep all night. You are very loud when you sleep."
"Snoring?"
"No. Screaming. You had some WILD nightmares last night, along with being in and out of sleep. Reminds me of when Isabel was sick a few months ago." He chuckled as I rolled my eyes before he left.
After a few minutes, my sister came in slowly and hugged me while stroking my hair.
"Kaz told me you're feeling better." She smiled, holding my hand as I felt the cold small piece of metal on her hand on mine.
"Yeah." I mumbled before leaning into her embrace whispering. "I was really scared, Bree. I was afraid you weren't able to come back for me..."
"I know. I wasn't sure if we were gonna be able to save you. Luckily we were, cause Sel put you into really bad shape. But honestly? I feel like I failed you." She whispered as a clear tear fell down her cheek and onto my blanket as I pulled her onto my shoulder and whispered.
"You didn't fail me."
That's all it took for Bree's wall to fall as she sobbed into my shirt sleeve. After awhile, she and I had both calmed down when I shuddered, feeling pain go up my body as Bree pulled my blanket up to my chin and kissed my forehead before handing me some Tylenol.
"It should help. Now get some rest." She smiled, kissing my forehead and squeezing my hand before getting up to leave.
"Bree...please don't leave." I begged in a moment of vulnerability as she turned around, a small smile on her face as she sat down where Kaz had previously been and opened her magazine, making me smile as I fell asleep.
Oliver's POV.
"Good news." Kaz smiled. "Chase is doing better. Like a lot better."
I nodded before groaning.
"I hate not being able to use my powers! I have to TAKE the trash to the street without flying or smashing it!" I pouted as I crossed my arms.
"You think you have it bad? I haven't had hot dogs on a rake in two weeks."
"Both of you, stop!" Skylar yelled. "We all agreed to lay low until this blows over. Now stop fussing and get to work."
Kaz and I both nodded as I grabbed the bags, carefully grabbing only a few so my super strength didn't come into play before taking it out into the alley. The first few trips went well, but it wasn't until the last trip when I saw a familiar blonde, making me lift up my hands as she approached. Fear rose in the pit of my stomach as I swallowed the lump in my throat and licked my lips, demanding.
"What are you doing?"
"Coming to see my son, daughter in law and grandkids of course." She grinned, making my hands turn into fists as I grew scared, with the Sel attack just being a week ago, I had to protect everyone from my mother, no matter what the cost.
I launched a cryoblast at her, only for her to deflect it with a blast of purple pryokenisis.
"Fire beats ice. Now, let's make a deal. You join me, Kaz and Skylar will be spared and they will be able to use their powers again. If you refuse, then I'll give the FBI security footage of your superpowers and all of you will be taken away."
I simply didn't know what to do, as I looked up at her.
"Can I have awhile to decide?" I asked as she nodded.
"You have till next week." She smiled before flying off as I walked back in, the conversation playing through my mind wondering.
'What am I gonna do?'