Prologue

Many Centuries Ago

It was many centuries ago, deep in the woods. The day was bright and pure, full of light. Within these woods, there were many wonders. Within this day, within these wonders, people get lost. Children, go too far and too get lost. At this time, there was a need for someone else; someone to control these natural curiosities.

From the bushes in a distance beyond the edge of the human eye, the leaves began to stir. Wind began to howl slowly as if whispering a quiet lullaby to the leaves of the trees. Vines suddenly stretched from the ground as a figure pushed forward, the breeze seemed to revolve around this being.

From the wind, the vines, and the leaves emerged a person. A regal female figure, too godly to ever be a human. Wispy golden hair enveloped around her face, her bright eyes scanning the area as she takes her first breath; the breath of life.

A golden cloak wrapped around her chest and draped behind her back as it ended flawlessly below her hips. Vines wove back and forth from her waist to her mid thigh, forming a delicate skirt. Her eyes glistened as she heard the sounds of birds in the distance acknowledging her presence. Each eye was strangely a separate color, one blue and the other a bright green. She was a special kind of unique, yet she had no idea.

Within the distance in these woods, there were the cries of a child heard; a lost child. The child sobbed, wishing and calling for their mother or father to find them. But their mother or father was nowhere near them, no one was near except the girl. It was up to her, now, to help the child back home before night would fall.

She curiously scanned the woods finding herself floating swiftly just above the ground towards the silent whimpers of the small child. The figure lay curled against an old tree, shivering, the tree seemed to absorb the feelings and she helped it almost comfort the lost child. She stopped in front of the tree and knelt down to be at eye level with the figure, "Hello." she felt herself say, again they called for their parents.

"I-i need to get home, to my parents," the child sobbed, sitting there against the tree. As the woman watched the child, she seemed to be trying to think of what to do to help her. As if, she herself was not yet use to being alive quite yet. While the child sat there in front of her, in uncertainty of what was to come; her face was rather pink from crying, making her green eyes and brown hair pale.

The girl nodded and stuck out her hand to help her up, but the child rejected it with a sniffle. "What's your name?"

"Kaia" The little girl rubbed her eyes and looked at her feet as she still sat at the base of the tree.

"Alright Kaia, follow me." The woman twirled around and stood up again, she felt herself evolving into the nature around her. A small smile stretched onto her lips and a couple fireflies wandered towards her.

The woman weaved through the trees of the forest until the two soon reach a clearing. The woman looks back at the child, kneeling down to be at her height. "Do not be scared for what shall happen next. Remember not to wander too far into the woods, because I may not always be able to help. But I will try to, for you Kaia."

"O-okay," the child says with curiosity yet with confusion of what was going to happen next. Before she knew it, she was back home in her backyard; home sweet home. Yet, the stranger was nowhere to be found.

Yet, the stranger could be found deep in the woods. Watching over her child, watching her grow. Even if the girl didn't remember, or couldn't believe, the woman still watched over her.