Chapter Five

At the North Pole

North paced back and forth in front of the globe, the others were nervously watching. "What do we do?" He mumbled while rubbing his beard. The others only shook their head and looked awkwardly to the ground. The moon suddenly peeked through the window into the Globe room, lighting up the entire area.

Every guardian quickly circled the message center, preparing for the Man in the Moon to speak. "What is it Old Friend?" North asked while looking up. Suddenly a figure of Pitch appeared and sand sprang out and killed the shadows of the little children.

"No- no not again." Tooth cried and shrunk into a ball with her fairies trying to comfort her.

The image changed to Nat, she stood alone, with only one child standing next to her. "What does this mean?" North mumbled looking wide eyed at everyone. They all shrugged their shoulders.

The child that had stood next to Nat in the image slowly withered away and disappeared as if a breeze had come by and had blown dust out of someone's hand. Then darkness came, the statue of Nat in the image was turning black, it started from her feet and slowly twisted up her body, but it faded as it reached her heart.

"What in the world?" Bunnymund looked at it curiously. Then everyone turned to Nat "Do you know what this means?" Bunnymund hopped over and pointed at the statue of herself.

"I understand as much of this as you do, I am afraid I am uncertain of the true message of this," Nat says softly, looking up at all of the gaurdians.

Sandman's face suddenly lit up and an exclamation formed above his head "What is it Sandy?" North asked. Multiple symbols formed one after another, not giving anyone a chance to fully comprehend what he was trying to say.

"Whoa there." Bunnymund motioned then turned to North "What now?" Sandy gave an exasperated look and crossed his arms in frustration.

"We stop Pitch."

"That's your big plan?" Bunnymund gave him a look.

North shrugged "You got better plan?"

"No." bunnymund looked to the ground.

"I say we find Nat some believers." Jack suddenly added in.

"We need to protect the children, that's all that matters. We merely follow Pitch's moves, he ought to have a pattern eventually," Nat adds, as she looks away from the others and gives a glance to Sandy before quickly looking back.

"She's right about the patterns." North stated.

"But wouldn't you be more powerful with more believers?" Jack asked and leaned against his staff.

"Yes, I would become more powerful.. more powerful than I have been in years," Nat says and looks over at Jack. "If it helps the children, then it would be something to consider."

"We should stop Pitch." Tooth suddenly sputtered out quite loudly.

"I say we find some believers." Jack eyed Tooth, she inched backwards.

"Perhaps that would be best."

"Then it is settled" North stated "We start in morning." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wait what?" Jack asked shocked "Why can't we start now?"

"In the morning would be best, Jack. As of now, the night is not something to be in unless needed," Nat says softly as she looks at Jack, smiling softly. "Then everyone can have some free time, to rest."

"But we could start on the other si-"

"Jack." North groaned.

"We start in the morning." Jack grumbled under his breath while shaking his head. Jack grabbed his staff and with a smirk on his face he flew off towards his home.