Chapter Seventeen

Meanwhile

North jumped from roof to roof leaving behind various gifts while the other guardians took other sections. Jack and Tooth worked together while Bunnymund and Sandy took the other half. They each flew from the sleigh to a house and left presents for each specific child. They had delivered to multiple countries in the first hour and they were right on schedule.

As they finished the United States they all hopped back into the sleigh laughing and talking amongst themselves "Alright, where next?" Jack asked curiously.

"Wherever it is let's please get there quickly." Bunnymund whined while gripping the edges of the sleigh.

"Of course of course!" North laughed "We're off to European countries, that should finish it except Australia."

"Great, leave my home behind." Bunnymund chuckled nervously "Just get on with it Mate."

North rolled his eyes "Hya!" he shook the reins and they took off across the ocean.

Back at Nat's Realm

Pitch walked back in, to find Nat staring off into space. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," Nat replies as she looks over at Pitch, her dark emerald green eyes seeming to fill with something else; they were filled with sorrow.

"Then off we go." the room filled with sand as it lifted the both of them off the ground and into the night sky. "They should be near Australia now." he stated as the wind pushed the sand around, Pitch smiled over at her. "Cheer up, tonight's the night we can finally be us."

"You're reminding me of the old times, before when you started to be like this Pitch.." Nat says with a sigh, a frown appearing on her lips. "I told myself I wouldn't let myself get dragged into that again, but it appears I let myself."

"So you have." he looked into her eyes "You're features are continuing to change, it suites you." They flew higher into the sky, just then leaving the safety of the United States and heading above the ocean.

By now, more things started to change for Nat besides her darker eyes; a tint of black started to paint the tips of her strands of her hair, hardly noticeable for now though until it would form into black hair.

The ocean seemed to welcome them gladly as the ocean breeze pushed them along on their cloud of black sand. "Tonight's the night." Pitch mumbled to himself, but loud enough for Nat to hear. He kept repeating this as they floated above making himself almost a little nervous.

"Pitch, relax. I know tonight's the big night.. But just relax," Nat says softly, trying to reassure him in any way that she could; even if she was having her doubts now about him.

"I am relaxed." he sighed before looking down at the water below them "I just can't believe it's finally going to be mine again."

"That is, though, if it's successful. Most things take time," Nat says softly, her voice getting quieter as she spoke as she looked up to the night sky above them; looking at the twinkling stars.

"It will be." he snapped.

Nat winced before she quickly nods, not looking at him now while they traveled to their final destination; to their night.

Meanwhile

"Last stop, Australia." Jack smiled while leaning over the edge to look down.

"Jack! Jack be careful!" Bunnymund pulled him back then clutched to the floor again.

"Bunny, I can fly."

"Right." he cleared his throat and looked away while Jack laughed silently.

Suddenly the water below them disappeared and they flew over land, that turned into houses.

"Here we go!" North shouted and jumped from the sleigh.

"Come one Bunnymund." Jack poked him with his staff.

"No. No I'll wait for it to stop."

"It's not going to." he laughed before jumping over.

"Jack!" Bunnymund looked over to see him flying next to the sleigh.

"Come on!" he grabbed a bag of gifts and took off, leaving Bunnymund alone.

"Thanks a lot." he grumbled and swallowed a lump in his throat before he closed his eyes and jumped.

Sorry guys for the late update on this amazing Monday!

Myself (CountryGurl28) and Exploding_Tardis are sick :( so here's a short one for ya!

We send our apologies! 

Thank you for being such good readers!

!We Love You!

>- CountryGurl28 & Exploding_Tardis -<