Chapter Ten

<In Mother Nature's realm>

Nat soon returned back to her realm, going to the very heart of it as she lingered in the large tree she considered home. She stood at the edge, looking out towards the setting sun before she went to the center of the room. The orb in the center shined bright, brighter than it ever had; even at these times.

Slowly the tree was invaded by snakes of dark sand. The orb continued to shine as if it was boasting about how much it would stand. The snakes filled the room before suddenly retreating back into the shadows almost motioning for Nat to follow them. Pitch's laugh was soft but made every dust particle in the woods be put on edge.

Nat seemed to hesitate for a moment, before she did take cautious steps towards the edge of her tree. After finding more courage, she followed where she saw the black sand retreat to.

"It is time." Pitch stepped out of the shadowy darkness to show himself "Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?" Nat questions, growing more confused on why Pitch had ushered her to the shadows.

A nightmare suddenly glided forward and rubbed lovingly against Pitch's shoulder. An evil look stretched across his face and his eyes glistened "For the oath. The ritual that will bond your magic with the darkness." More nightmares began appearing and dark sand was partially covering the moon as it rose.

"Oh, that," Nat says softly, swallowing nervously as she looks around at all of the nightmares. "Then I am ready, for the oath."

An old black book suddenly landed in Pitch's hands and he flipped it open. A smirk crept onto his lips as he began the oath.

As Pitch started the oath the land around seemed to go still, it was so silent that you could hear a needle drop. All that could be heard, was Pitch's rich yet dark voice pronouncing the words.

By this time, the horse had left his side and started to circle around Nat as she tried to take a step back only to be followed by the mare. The mare brushes against her, making Nat shiver as the black sand from the mare started to seep off and consume Nat.

The darkness seeps on her skin, leading trails of marks as she gasps. The mystic feeling of the night was now filled with fear, with agony as the black sand seeped into Nat; until she finally screamed from the pain. The sand soon disappears, to reveal her collapsed to the ground.

Pitch closed the book with a loud thud and looked around at the sand before turning to the moon. "Thank you, Manny." Pitch tosses the book into the air and it becomes black sand that joins with the rest of it. He struts over to Nat's shaking body, "Get up."

Nat stayed on the ground for a moment, before she did listen and stood shakily. She shook, seeming to have trouble to adjusting to the new feeling.

"How do you feel?" He walked around her as he looked her over "Do you feel, new or stronger?" he reached out and barely brushed her cheek with his cold, dark finger.

Nat turned her face away from him, not daring to look at him directly. "I feel both new, and slowly stronger," she admits.

"Good." he peered around before looking back at her "I must go now, but I'll return." at that he spun around and the sand enveloped him as he disappeared into the shadows of the Night. The full moon that had once lit up the sky had darkened somehow, but the sand was gone from sight.

Nat went back to the safety of her tree, sitting down as she took deep breathes. She gasped for air, her lungs starving for it. She soon brought her attention to the moon, a frown spreading across her now pale face. "I'm sorry Manny," she mutters softly.

A Few Days Later

"Jack? Jack where are you?" Nat announces out loud, walking the streets of her beloved town on the cool winter day. There was fresh, crisp snow on the ground and the trees were covered in a light frost, icicles covering houses wherever they could find room.

A giant swarm of cold air suddenly poured down the street, followed by a boy in a blue sweater. "Well hello there." he stated as he stopped and leaned on his staff peering down at her.

"Would you mind helping me, play a little trick on Bunnymund? I want him to understand a white Christmas for once.. So I was hoping you would help me make it snow, in Australia, just for a day or so since I don't have control over the season anymore," Nat stated softly, looking back up at Jack with a small smile.

His genuine smirk grew onto his face as his eyes suddenly glistened with mischief. "It's about time." At that he jumped into the air and took off by the wind.

With that Nat was left there alone once more, a smile growing on her lips. But not a normal smile, it was a smile that showed a different side to her now. A more wicked side. Once she knew Jack was doing her deeds, she left and went to the North Pole. It wouldn't be long until the guardian's attention would be drawn to the snowstorm in Australia, and give her time to do her needed work to postpone Christmas.

Meanwhile In the North Pole

North quickly walked into the Globe Room with an armful of toys before dropping everything with his jaw hanging open. "Jingles!" North yelled and a little elf waddles into the room "Clean this up!" The elf nodded and North ran over to the switch and grabbed it gracefully as he turned it and pushed it down to signal the guardians.

The room was suddenly full and everyone was non stop talking and worrying. Tooth frantically moved around the globe with her fairies in tail. Bunnymund ran into the room and looked at the globe that had a swirling blob of snow circling Australia. "Oh come on!" He cried.

Sandy looked around at the others before tugging on North to get his attention. "What is it Sandy?" Sandman pointed to the globe and a question mark formed above his head.

"Crikey!" bunnymund pointed to the globe "Who-" he stopped himself and looked around at the others "Oh that bloody-" he growled "If he dares to-"

"Bunny." North walked away from Sandy and stood next to Bunnymund by the globe.

"It's that Jack Frost again." Bunnymund grumbled and crossed his arms.

"Well what do we do?" Tooth asked and looked over at North.

"Stop him." North pointed to a hallway "To the sleigh!"

"Oh no you don't!" Bunnymund thumped the ground and disappeared down a tunnel.

Tooth shook her head and motioned for North to go "Well come on then." At that the room was empty and Jingles walked away with an oversized armload of broken toys.

Once the room was empty of all of the guardians, Nat stepped out from the shadows and took a deep breath of air; looking around. With that, she walked around the North pole and started to destroy the toys. A thin black sand layer laid over all of the broken remains of them, almost looking like vines that had overgrown all over the factory. Most of the toys were broken, even the experimental toys in North's own personal office. As Nat tried to continue to bring more chaos, the guardians once again came back- making her retreat to the shadows and out of the North Pole.

Give us feedback!

We'd love to hear from you!

Please Vote, Comment, and Share! Thank you!

>- CountryGurl28 & Exploding_Tardis -<