Chapter Nine

A Day Later

North quickly ran into the globe room and gripped the handle to alert the guardians. He pulled it up then down and bright northern lights instantly spread across the sky as his eyes darted across the sky in hopes that this wouldn't be a mistake.

Everyone quickly arrived, one by one, although the last person to show up was Nat. Lately, Nat had not showed up to any of the other meetings until today.

"Nat!" North greeted happily as the others looked around.

"Well? What's the trouble mate?" Bunnymund asked anxiously.

"What's wrong Nat?" Jack asked as he tilted his head while leaning on his staff.

"Oh, I've just been busy trying to find believers," Nat says reassuringly, a smile appearing on her face as she looked between everyone. "So what is the trouble then?"

North sighed while looking around at the others who nodded at him to continue "There has been some suspicion between Pitch and... and you, Nat."

"Really? Well, I have not seen him," Nat begins as she paces around some. "Besides, I would never betray the guardians and the children, there is no need for your suspicions."

"Well we think otherwise." Bunnymund grumbled stepping forward.

"You do?" Nat asks as she looks around, frowning as she looked at everyone. Her face became softer, softened by sadness. "Do you not trust me then? After all of this?"

"There have been.... sightings." Jack mumbling in a worried tone.

"Sightings," Nat repeats with a sigh, looking away from everyone as she paced around.

North eyed her and looked at the others while they waited for her move.

"Well I would have to deny of anything that you believe of Pitch and I working together. Either way, he has not revealed himself in so long," Nat explains, looking back to the others in search of getting her innocence gained.

Sandman slowly stepped forward and looked up at Nat, he stared at her for awhile before turning to the others. Sand forms appeared above his head. Pitch formed and was demolished and Nat stood with a crown upon her head.

"She's faking it with him?" North asked then looked over at Nat.

"Faking?" Nat questions as she looks over at North, her face still dimmed with sadness.

"Like you're pretending to be on his side." Bunnymund flicked his boomerang out and moved it around in his hands.

"I know what faking means, Bunnymund," Nat says with a sigh. "I have no reason to do such a thing, especially with Pitch. I would never, never dare to see him again or even try to do this so called faking."

"Then why were you two together?" Tooth snapped before pulling herself back again as if she hadn't said anything to regret.

"Why would I be with someone like him, after what he's done?" Nat says in response, staying rather calm as she didn't let her emotions get in the way; as if she had learned to tame them down, to not let her emotions get in the way of making disasters in nature.

"Crikey! We've seen you with him!" Bunnymund shouted and chucked his boomerang at Nat.

Nat instantly jumped out of the way of the boomerang, looking back at Bunnymund with a frown. "I would appreciate it if you do not throw things at me, I have not thrown anything at you."

"You've thrown threats at me. You prove your bloody point by telling us you are better than every single guardian that ever lived! How have you not thrown anything at us!" Bunnymund yelled while snatching his boomerang out of the air.

"I do not act like that, Bunnymund. I throw these supposed threats at you in a joking matter, as friends would act," Nat explains as she lets out a sigh, shaking her head. "I take it, that I am no longer welcomed here then."

"Nat."

"What?" Nat asks softly, looking at them.

"We saw you with Pitch." North stated as everyone avoided her eye contact "You can't say you weren't with him." he sighed "But you just did. We know that you lied to us, we can't trust you anymore."

"Like we ever did." Bunnymund scoffed and leaned against the wall.

"Bunny!" Jack scolded him before looking over at Nat disappointedly.

"I am it with him, you know just as well as I do that he wants me out of the way," Nat tries to explain with a sigh, starting to go to leave.

"Nat please-" Jack stepped forward but Bunnymund cut him off.

"Mate, just admit it." He turned to Nat and glared at her "She's not worthy to be a Guardian."

"You may not think so, but Manny has his beliefs as well. I intend to protect the children, may that be what I have to do to drift from people like you Bunnymund," Nat says with a frown, looking back at Jack. "Thanks for the opportunity then."

North sighed while rubbing his beard and looked over at Bunnymund "Bunny why can't you just cool it. Sandy believes she's setting this up. If we get in the way- if she really is faking- Pitch could find out."

Tooth looked around at everyone before coming back into the circle "But is she really faking?"

Sandy glared at her and crossed his arms as he grew frustrated at everyone. "Guys, if Manny chose her as a Guardian he knew what he was doing." Jack stated and looked around as none of them were convinced.

"I would believe him if I were you," Nat chimed, looking back at them one more time before she did leave the North Pole to go back to her realm.

Bunnymund stepped out first "I believe she's a deserter." He stated proudly as if he had figured the impossible.

"Bunny calm down." North stated "We can't suddenly assume the worst."

"But if she does join with Pitch!?" Bunny shouted angrily.

"We'll worry about it if it comes time." North sighed and rubbed his temples "I think I've had enough for now. Christmas is coming soon." At that he turned on his heels and the Globe room was deserted.

>- CountryGurl28 & Exploding_Tardis -<