Chapter 1

He's walking peacefully around in the woods, taking in the wonderful scents and sounds. An earthy smell surrounds him; a smell that hasn't been tainted with factory emissions and car exhaust. The birds are chirping; the monkeys are playing. Even the deer are at peace. He can hear the water plunging downward to form the lake. He can hear the lovely humming of a girl...

He immediately tenses and heads towards the sound. As he gets closer, he sniffs the air. This girl isn't human but he doesn't know her scent. That shouldn't be possible. This is his territory; he knows every werewolf in it. So that means it's a rogue. An extremely bold rogue seeing as she's casually humming in his territory. She should be feeling his aura as well and she's not trying to run or even reacting at all. She's still humming that beautiful song.

He finally reaches the lake where he sees a girl with shoulder length locks, sitting, facing the water. She looks so angelic with the sun reflecting off the water but he knows that this is just a ruse. In all the time that he's examining her, she calmly continues humming her song, giving absolutely no indication that she knows he's there. He actually starts to wonder if she's deranged. He waits until she has hummed the last note, and then he interrupts her.

*************

I felt his presence as soon as he entered the forest. He's got a powerful aura and he's not trying to hide it. I knew the moment he sensed me too, or rather heard me. I don't mean to brag but my presence concealment is top tier, so him hearing my humming is the only way he would have known that I was there. I hear him approaching, swiftly making his way towards me. I'm not bothered though. I don't intend on moving; I like this place. I think it will be my spot for a good while.

I can feel him behind me, watching me, examining me. I don't turn around. I continue humming my favorite song. Ah...it brings back so many memories. I wonder when he'll make me acknowledge him though. On another note, the lake looks amazing. I can tell it's going to be just the right temperature. I definitely have to go for a dip a little later tonight.

I finally hit the last note of the song and that's when he decides to speak.

"You're pretty bold for a rogue wolf," he states with one eyebrow raised, leaning against a tree. I look up to see a fairly tall, handsome and shirtless man with short black hair and a huge tattoo on his chest. Not many werewolves know that the old generation used to use tattoo symbols to identify packs. I've never met anyone who also had one. Hm. It seems he's from an old bloodline. Colour me intrigued.

"Which bloodline are you?" I ask him curiously.

"I think we should start with why you're on my territory without my permission."

That grates a nerve. I try hard not to let my annoyance show up on my face. "No." I respond while trying to giggle as lightheartedly as possible. "We should start with you answering my question." That time I let a little command seep into my voice. As you can probably tell, I don't have much patience and even I know my temper is terrible. So when I ask a question, it's best to just answer it. Preferably as soon as it leaves my mouth.

His eyes widen and he suddenly straightens up from the tree and stands tall. His shock quickly turns to amusement though. "You're trying to command me? Don't you know who I am?" he asks, with a little of his command voice in play.

Wow. This guy thinks he's a big shot. Does he really believe he's more notorious than I? I jump off the rock I'm sitting on and casually walk towards him, clearly showing that I'm not intimidated by his voice of command. Okay, I'll admit it was pretty powerful. We are pretty evenly matched if I go based on that. I should be careful around him...but when do I ever do that?