when the world had you || 9

_____________________________

Note:

Italic means her thinking

Bold means someone else (in this case, her therapist)  is talking

Ordinary text is her speaking

_____________________________

"what have you been feeling this past week"

"i don't know"

"can you please answer with a proper answer so that i can get an understanding of what you have been feeling this past week"

"..."

"you can tell me; i just want to help you. but if you're not- "

"guilty"

"excuse me?"

"... i've been feeling guilty this past week"

"i see. do you feel guilty because you believe that you were... unable to save... her?"

"partly"

"partly?"

"it's one of the reasons"

"what are the others reasons?"

"they're reasons why i feel guilty"

"yes i know that! but could you tell me what they are?"

"..."

"do you want to tell me?"

"no"

"we've been doing this for almost two months, you must be able to trust me now?"

"trust is bullsh-"

"don't swear when it's unnecessary. now can you please tell me why you feel guilty"

i feel guilty for numerous reasons; i didn't comfort her when i should have. i took her for granted when i should have treasured her. i should have told her she was beautiful every day and made sure that she never felt insecure about herself. i should have made more memories with her and did more things she wanted. i should have kept her away from the vile world rather than push her towards it. i didn't turn up at her funeral because i was too busy weeping. i didn't hold her or supported her enough.

and i never told her how i felt about her

"i'm waiting"

i'm the reason why her face is no longer in the sea of students

"are you okay?"

okay? a murderer will never be able to conceal their guilt that eats them on the inside. knowing that they killed another human being, a human that had a future and a beating heart. they took that away from them

"what are you thinking?"

i took that away from her

"are you going to tell me how you feel Win- "

"no"

"you know i can't help you if you won't let me"

"..."

"do you think of yourself as a... killer? is that why you- "

"see you in the next therapy session"

"wait! you can't go yet. we still have a long time to go, we have to speak of the problems you're facing!

"the world doesn't like to hear about the problems a killer has"