3. THE TRUTH

An awkward feeling surrounded me when I came back into my room. I sat on my bed and began to think about Matt who had acted quite strange today. What was wrong with him? What made him behave like that with me? What was my fault? And most of all, were we over?

I tried to concentrate on the last few days I had spent with him but nothing wrong came in my head. Why shouldn't I just call him? I thought and pulled out my cell phone from my purse, I dialled his number as I knew it by heart. The bell rang twice and then it was cancelled. I glanced at the mobile screen that showed 'line busy ' and felt disappointed. 

Not losing hope, I dialled the number again but it asked for a voice message. I felt rejected as I realized that he had switched off his phone. I threw my phone on the bed, expecting it not to break since, I couldn't afford a new one by then. Placing both my palms over my head, I laid on the bed  and stared at the old wooden ceiling.

Nothing was going perfect in my life. In fact, everything was at its worst except mine and Nora' s friendship. Is friendship the only relation that help us out when our life is a complete mess? I thought. I couldn't remember anyone who truly loved me except my mamma, but she was gone. Far far away.

I picked up my phone and dialled Nora's number. I was glad when she picked up in second ring.

"Heya! What's up? I wasn't expecting you this late.." She said and I could tell she was happy as well as worried about why I had called her at 11:30 p.m. I couldn't answer.

"Lily? Is everything alright?" She asked kindly.

"I don't know. " I said, " Matt is not answering my phone. I am worried Nora. I don't know why is he acting like that." I said, feeling upset.

"Maybe he is busy." She said and I shook my head as if she could see it.

"He's not. I know he is not."  I protested.

"Okay okay. Relax, Lily. Ask him tomorrow ne? " Nora suggested but I couldn't work on it.

"Can't wait till tomorrow." I replied her slowly .

"Then go to his house and ask him now." She got angry I guessed.

"I know you hate him, but is that a good idea?" I asked her.

"When you can't wait till tomorrow, then it's definetly a good idea." She replied and I knew she was angry. It kind of made me smile a little.

"Alright. See you at college." I said

"Sure." Nora replied and hung up.
----

I picked up my coat and grabbed my phone, putting it in a pocket I walked outside. There was no one in the living room.  I assumed Darren had gone to find Sarah. Poor boy. I turned the door knob and walked outside the house.

Nora was right. I should have gone to his place and asked him what was wrong. But I was also scared because I didn't know if he really felt the same way for me. Some guys date for fun, a voice popped in my head and I ignored it.

I looked around and couldn't find my car. Who took my car? Ugh! Another trouble! I decided to solve Matt's matter first, so I started to walk towards his house. He lived a couple of streets away so I had to cover the distance by walking since that was the only choice left.

The night was quiet and dark. Why wouldn't it be? It was almost twelve and I had never been out alone this late. Fear surrounded me as I walked and I prayed for nothing but things to get better. In fifteen minutes, I was standing infront of Matt's door. With an undeniable feeling I rang the bell, expecting the door to be opened by Matt.

The person who opened the door was Matt's dad, Mr. Tom. However,  the way he looked at me was a sign that showed something bad was about to happen. Wait, wasn't everything that had been happening was bad?

" What the hell are you doing here?" Mr. Tom asked me, anger could be seen in his eyes as well as in his words.

"I... I'm sorry, sir.." I stammered, " I just came to see Matt. Is he here?" I asked slowly, expecting him not to blow up again.

"Dad? Who is it? " Mr. Tom turned around at Matt's voice. Oh honey, I'm glad you came, I thought and felt relieved but the look on Matt's face after finding me standing at his doorstep sent shivers on my spine. I felt my heart racing and I tried to smile at him but it seemed like my lips didn't want to move.

"Tell her you'll never see her again! " Mr. Tom shouted and went inside.

What was happening there?

"Matt, please tell me what's going on!" I begged,  " Why is your dad angry? Why are you ignoring me, Matt?"

"You shouldn't have come here." He said and came outside.

"But Matt what's wrong? What did I do?" I asked him.

"You didn't do anything,  Lily. Your dad did." He said and I felt my nerves burning.

"My... Dad?" My voice shook as I asked.

"Your dad hooked up with my mom." He said angrily and I know that he regretted every word he said,  so did I.

"What? No!" I couldn't believe what Matt was telling me or maybe, I just didn't want to believe it. "There must be a mistake, Matt.  I'm sure___" I wanted to protest but I was cut off by his words.

"For God's sake, Lily! Do you think I'm lying about it? Since three days I'm watching my parents fight with each other just because of Jack Weed! Your dad plays around all the time. He sleeps with anyone he want. He fucking got my mom drunk and slept with her! Do you still expect me to be friends with you? "

Matt yelled at me and I had nothing to say in return. I was right, things were going in a wrong direction. I felt sorry for his family. Another home was wrecked by Jack Weed and there was nothing I could do about it except being sorry.

"I'm so sorry...." I said slowly, I knew he wouldn't accept my apology.

"Matt? What's taking you so long? Hasn't she left yet?" I heard Mr. Tom's voice. The way he talked to me made me feel like a criminal, like it was all my mistake.

"I know you weren't a part of any of this, Lily. But I can't be with you, we just can't be together. I can't live with this fact that the guy who almost wrecked my parents marriage was no one but my girlfriend's father." He said and I could see sincerity in his eyes.

"Matt.. please..." was all I could say.

"I'm sorry. We're over." He replied and without waiting for me to say something he just went inside and closed the door.

You didn't do anything. Your dad did.

Your dad hooked up with my mom!

I am watching my parents fight since three days just because of Jack Weed.

We're over.

Yes. We were over.
And I was broken.

--------

The Truth revealed. Lily is extremely sad about what just happened. She hasn't even overcome to the unfaithful breakup she had with Matt when something more strange and terrible happens. What? You'll have to wait a few days for that haha.

Till then, take care.
Waiting for your votes and feedbacks.

Love,
Aisha Waqar.