4. DANGER

The night was already dark, but then it looked more dark, more scary and more long. I tried to walk fast on the empty dark streets but my legs were shaking. Tears fell like a stream from my eyes, my heart was shattered and broken, I couldn't figure out any thing. Why my dad hooked up with Matt's mom when he already brought Sarah at home? What was wrong with that man? Actually, everything was wrong with that man. I couldn't stop crying and my body shivered. I felt like a complete mess and the reason behind all that was nothing but my father's negativity.

I was staring at the ground and walking slowly while my mind was completely lost somewhere. I remembered the nights when he used to call me and my mom violent names, nights when he used to slap our faces hard as if they were made of  wood, nights when he came home wasted and couldn't even remember his name, night when he killed my mother, his wife.

My mind was distracted by the slow voices coming from behind but I decided to keep walking although I was scared to death.

"I like her back." Someone said and the other one laughed.

"I think she is drunk. That's why she is walking like this. " the other thick voice said and I realized I was really walking like a wounded man. I started to walk fast by taking long steps.

"No. No. No. She's not drunk. She's listening to us." The third voice said and my heartbeat raised.

How many more???

"Hey, You!" A man shouted and I knew who he was talking to. I shut my eyes and opened them again,I  didn't stop walking until I was dragged backwards by my arm. I saw three men dressed in black shirts and jeans, no doubt all of them looked ugly and mysterious. I felt being trapped when the man who dragged me by my arm pulled me closer, the other two laughed when he did so.

"Where do you think you are going? " he said and I could sense alcohol from his breath.

"Leave my hand!" I said loudly,  trying to hide my fear by giving him an angry look but it didn't work at all.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.. Relax sweetie." The other man said and touched my cheek with his fingers.

"Don't touch me!" I said and jerked my head away.

"Why not? " he asked,  " Come with us,  we will have fun together." He added, his hand lowered to my shoulder, making me scared as hell.

"I said don't touch me!" I snapped at him and he laughed.

"Don't be scared, honey." The third man said, "just few hours of fun, that's it." He gave me a wicked smile and the three of them laughed.

"Let me go." I managed to say,  fear could easily be seen on my face but I tried my best to prevent my eyes from shedding tears.

"Is it that easy?" The man who had pulled me by my arm said with a clever smile.

"Let me go!" I shouted again, struggling to set myself free but the grip only got tighter.

"We will, tomorrow. " the man replied.

A car came across the street and stopped in front of us. Everyone stood still as I saw Darren coming out of the car, walking towards us.

"Leave her alone." He said in a warning tone but the man didn't listen.

"Not until the morning." The man replied and began to kiss me hard on my neck. A loud cry escaped my mouth as the man bit my neck. Darren stepped forward and dragged the man back, slapping him hard on his face. The man fall down but Darren didn't stop punching his nose until he bled.

I saw the other two men running away in the other direction. "Darren, stop!" I said and luckily, he agreed. The man got up and tried to run away,  fast.