9. Best Night Ever

A/N: Dear lovely readers, sorry for the very late update, but I hope you guys will enjoy the read. Please don't forget to vote and comment , your feedbacks mean a lot to me. Also thank you so much for being nice to me and my story and inspiring me to write more. I love you all,
Aisha Waqar.

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Count On Me by Bruno Mars.
------

"Are you sure, Lily?" Darren brushed off his lips from my neck and looked at me in the eye, making me feel a bit nervous. I just nodded my head in response. He held my hand in his, and we began to walk towards my car.

"Can I drive?" Darren asked as we reached the parking space and pulled out his hand for me to give him the keys and I obeyed.

I let out a deep breath as we sat inside the car. The temperature inside the car was much better and warmer than the temperature outside. Darren began to drive and I looked out from the window, the busy streets of Chicago were beautiful in their own way. I was interrupted by Darren's voice.

"Knock knock? Is anybody there?" Darren  asked, making me laugh.

"Yes, I am here." I replied with a smile.

"Are you always like this? Lost in your own Disney world? " he asked.

"Umm, I don't think so." I replied.

"Really? As much as I've noticed you, you're always lost somewhere. I don't know where." He said.

"Wow. Well, I don't know.. I'm just, you know a silent girl?" I said, trying to make myself feel unique. Who gets unique while being quiet anyway?

"You're.... different."

"Different? How?" I asked being conscious.

"You'll find out soon." He replied and parked the car in front of a large building. I glanced a look at the building and recognised we were in front of The Meal.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as we both stepped out of the car.

"I wanna show you my place. " Darren replied with a smile and we walked inside the building.

Darren's apartment was on seventh floor. I held my breath as we stopped in front of Darren's apartment, feeling nervous and happy at the same time. I had met Darren after six months, we kissed at the beach and I wasn't scared at all about being alone with him in his home. Why would I be? He hadn't done anything to harm me ever, apart from leaving me alone for six months.

"Come in, miss." Darren said with a smile. I smiled back in return and walked inside.

Darren's home was smaller than mine but very beautiful. All the walls were painted white and had beautiful paintings hanging on them. I saw two couches in the lounge, placed in front of the television. The kitchen looked clean and tidy like it hadn't been used for days. There were two bedrooms, one was obviously Darren's and the other might be a guest room, I thought.

Darren guided me towards his room and as we walked there, I began to admire every single thing that came by. It is not important to be rich to have a beautiful house and beautiful life, people can be happy in small houses too only if they keep them tidy and neat and don't have careless family members like Jack who are not concerned about anything that's happening inside their own house.

A feeling of guilt surrounded my face but was soon removed by admiration as Darren opened the door of his room. The room had three white coloured walls and one ocean blue wall. All the walls had paintings and frames hanged over them. I took few steps forward and began to look at the small frame, I saw a tall man who looked so alike Darren was standing with a beautiful blonde woman with hazel eyes and full cheeks, they were holding hands and their smile showed that they were perfectly happy together.

"These are my parents." Darren told me as he noticed my action.

"They're lovely." I replied with a smile.

"Hmm." He said with a weak smile.

"Do you miss them?"

"A lot.. " again a slow reply.

"I'm sorry." I finally said after few seconds of silence. Darren looked at me with a smile and took a step closer to me. I was expecting the thing any girl would expect if she had been standing in my place but I was soon asked for something I didn't expect at all.

"How about a movie? Would you like to watch one?" He asked me and I felt funny. Calm down Lily, romance is not everything. You gotta watch movie first and one thing is sure, you are not staying here over night. It doesn't seem possible at all and it's also kinda crazy, I told myself and nodded in response.

After showing me the wide collection of DVDs he had, we finally decided to watch That Awkward Moment on Darren's request as I was still unsure about what to watch and what not.

We sat together on the couch and Darren put his arm around me, a big bowl of popcorn was kept between us and two canes of Red Bull placed on the table.

Watching movie with Darren was quiet different from watching movie with someone else as well as alone. Why? I couldn't understand either. I had watched movies with Nora too, but obviously there was nothing special about it. I tried to keep myself awake but I failed because I had been working since morning. The vision in front of my eyes began to get blur and then finally turned black. It wasn't dramatic at all because I wasn't sleeping on Darren's shoulder like people in movies do. I had folded my knees close to my chest, and I fell asleep while watching the funniest romance comedy.

Only ten minutes would have been fast when I realised I was being carried by someone's arms, probably Darren's. I opened my eyes and stared at Darren's perfect jaw line without blinking. God he was so handsome, even in the darkest hours of night, I could admit that he was the most handsome man I had ever seen.

I shrugged a little as Darren put me down on his bed gently. He moved his hand over my hair and planted a soft kiss on my forehead, sending chills all through my body and I couldn't resist the opening of my eyes. I stared at his beautiful face without blinking, admiring every single feature of him.

"Darren..." I whispered slowly.

"Ssshhh.... I know, just close your eyes." He said slowly and I followed. My lips parted as he brought his face only an inch away from mine, his breath smelled like Red Bull and with in a second or two, his lips were moving gently on mine, making me feel like the most beautiful girl on Earth.

I moved my hands up and down on his back as his lips touched my cheeks then moved down to my chin and finally took a hold of my neck. He got up on his knees to remove his shirt and threw it on the other side of his bed. He then held me up to sit, and removed my t-shirt. While he did so, I closed my eyes and let him touch my bare shoulders with his fingers. He laid me down and came on top of me, planting small kisses all over my neck and shoulders,  then moved down to my breasts, making me feel like heaven. His lips slowly moved down to my stomach and I finally grabbed his arm to bring him up.

His lips were soothing mine in a slow rhythm and at that moment, I wanted nothing but him, and there was nothing I could think about other than his pure love and warm touch.

As he laid by my side, I placed a small kiss on his cheek and cuddled inside him. He welcomed me by rubbing his arm on my back, making me feel a lot warmer and comfortable.

"I love you..." I heard him say closer to my ear. I looked up at him in surprise, it had been so long since anyone said that to me, and hearing it from a person I thought I loved too was more beautiful than any thing else.

A smile covered my lips as I looked at him in his eyes, "I love you too, Darren, so much..." I said and kissed his lips gently.

After a few minutes of that heavenly feeling, I fell asleep in the arms of a man who loved me for real and made me feel like I was worth it, I was worth being loved.

---------