7. An Un-expected Meet Up

"You gotta be kidding me!"

That was the reaction of Nora when I finally had the courage to tell her everything about Darren from the beginning. Well it wasn't much, just that a person who was precious and clean by heart came into life surprisingly and vanished in few days too ; leaving me craving for his company and warmth more.

"Why didn't you tell me about any of this?" Nora asked me, still surprised by everything I just told her.

"Don't blame me okay? You were the one busy with the sports guy!" I shot an answer back with a smile.

"Please dont tell me I am selfish." Nora said slowly, staring at the ground.

"Don't worry, you are not. " I replied and she looked at me, her eyes shining bright.

"Okay, now minus the situation you met him in, do you have that thing for him?" She asked me anxiously.

I don't know. Do I have that feeling for Darren? Yes maybe I do. Why else would I get sad when he talked to me seriously/un-willingly on phone? Why would I wait for him to come across The Meal everyday? Why would I sleep with a pillow in my arms if I have no feeling for him? I have feelings for him, for Darren. A guy who don't even wanna talk to me right now.

"Hello? Lost in his thoughts?" Nora asked and I looked at her with questioning eyes, expecting her to repeat her sentence.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"You do have a thing for her, Lily." She said with a teasing smile, making me roll my eyes at her.

"No."

"I can see that." She said and pulled out her phone from her pocket, turned on the front camera and kept the screen in front of me.

"Look at your face. You have that I-am-in-Love kind of look." Nora laughed and I stared at my face appearing on the screen. My cheeks were getting pink and my eyes were watery, my hair almost messy due to air and Nora was right, I was blushing, like people in love do.

"C'mon!" I said, wanting her to shut up.

"Yeah! C'mon! Admit that you are in love my friend!" She replied, giving me a bright smile and making me blush more.

------

When I arrived at The Meal, my heart pumped faster, my feet trembled and my breaths, they were heavy. Despite of my uncomfortable feeling, part of me was still so happy to see Darren again.

I worked continuously, without any rest, looking at the door way at least 4 times in a minute, desperately waiting for Darren to showup.

But he didn't.

I tried to remember the words he said last night, he did agree to meet me. Then why didn't he show up? Did he hate me so much? I knew he did. But Why?

With a shattered heart, I came out of the restaurant when my shift was over. Tear drops came out of my eyes, making my face wet. How excited I was earlier today, and now... broken.
I drove to the beach instead of going home. Although it was late but I felt like I really needed some fresh air, some time alone, time to recover myself, time to explain myself that I couldn't expect good from anyone, not even Darren.

------

The beach was less crowded, large waves came in a fast speed at the shore and stroke my legs ; sending chills through my spine, making me feel more lonely but comfortable. As I stared at the empty sky, I felt guilty about my fate, my life, my soul.

Why every wrong thing was supposed to happen with me? Why it was my mother who was killed by not someone else but my own father? Why I was the one who got beaten up badly by my father in days when I needed nothing but love? Why it was  my dad who was heartless and selfish? Why Matt couldn't just think at least once about my feelings when he broke up with me? Why Darren came in my life when he never wanted to see me again? Why I even thought about him in those six months when  he was already living a good life without me?

Why me?
Will I always be like this?
Empty.
Lonely.
Depressed.
Upset.
Un-happy.
Un-loved.
Un-accepted...

Tears fell like a river, but my heart wanted to cry more, loudly. I wanted to scream, shout in pain. I wanted to see my mom, hug her at least one last time. I wanted to cry under her chest, I wanted to scream her name, out loud. I wanted to pull out my heart from my chest and throw it in the sea. I wanted to close my eyes and die.

If only I could do that.

When my legs couldn't help me stand any more, I sat on the sand, folding my knees towards my face, wrapping both my arms around my knees and gazed at the lonely dark sky.

I didn't know how much time passed when I sat there like that, until I realized someone just called me from behind.

"Lily?"

Maybe I listened wrong. Why would anyone come for me?

"Lily, is that You?" The male voice was closer to me now, making me turn around to see who it was.

My eyes couldn't believe what they saw for a second. He was standing right in front of me, dressed in blue jeans and black t-shirt with a jacket on top. A small beard on his chin and jaw line made him look more handsome and adorable. His shiny brown eyes still had that kindness inside them. He also looked dis-appointed and had the I-am-sorry look on his face. Nothing about him made me feel that he was happy to see me, but he was here.

Darren was here...
-------

Yaaay!!! Finally they are near!! You'll see how the twist appears in the story now.. stay tuned :-)
Pleaaaaaaseeeee vote and comment, I love to read your feedbacks...

Have a nice day.
Aisha Waqar: -)