10. The Choice

Hello to all my lovely readers out here. Another apology for this so late update, my routine sucks. Well I've brought an update for you all! I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story with your friends.
Thanks for the 202 votes and your kind support.
Much love,
Aisha Waqar. 
----

I found myself wrapped under Darren's arms as I woke up from my beauty sleep. I turned my head and saw his face resting peacefully on my shoulder, his lips were slightly apart and I could easily sense the inhale and  exhale of breath through his mouth. Even in this hour of early morning when this guy was lost in his own world, he still looked purely handsome and cute and I loved the feeling of being held in his arms.

With a smile, I moved my finger slightly on his cheek and then my thumb met the sight of his lower lip. Oh I loved the way these lips moved over mine.

Darren opened his eyes and blinked twice. "Hey.." he whispered slowly with a lazy smile on his face.

"Hey.." I replied and kissed him on the lips. "It feels so good to be here.. to be like this." I said while touching his bare shoulder and moving my hand down to his chest.

"It feels like heaven. I feel complete." He said, making me smile and blush.

"We've got to go to the police station today." He finally got up and said.

"Yeah and I'm nervous as hell." I replied, wondering if I'd really be able to do what I had been planning to do.

"You haven't chosen yet?" He asked me.

"Your touch didn't give me a chance to think anything. " I replied with a teasing smile.

"Think now, then?"

"If the police believes us and Jack and other gang criminals get arrested, I think it will be the first good thing I will ever do in my life. So yeah, I'm in. But if Nora gets hurt..." I said, feeling scared.

Darren held my face in his hands, I looked up at him in his eyes, feeling hopeful. "Nothing will happen to Nora. Trust me and yourself. You're not doing anything wrong. You're handing over a big criminal gang to the police just by handing them your father and you're saving lives of thousands of people. Just be confident, Lily. I'm with you.. I love you so much. Just believe that you can do this, love." Darren said and I felt like all my fears just vanished. My heart raced faster as Darren brought his lips closer to mine, breathing slowly near my mouth, making me feel high.

I couldn't stop my heavy breaths, they came out eventually as his fingers moved from my shoulder down to my hands and got the hold of my fingers. His lips were moving slowly on mine, caressing them, biting them and licking them.

And all I wished was time to stop, so that the heavenly feeling could last forever.

------

Standing in the police station for the first time, in front of the man to whom I lied more than five years ago about my mom's suicide felt miserable. Detective John still looked the same tall, dark, strict police officer with dark sharp eyes that could look deep inside the eyes of the criminal.

"Will you two just stand there and watch me or you guys would like to take a seat? " Detective John asked me and Darren who had been standing still in front of his table for about five minutes.

We both jerked our heads and sat down on the chair.

"How can I help you?" John asked, his hands resting on the table with fingers folded across each other.

"Umm, I heard on news that you are looking for the people who are planning to blast in seven shopping centres in Chicago." Darren said and John nodded his head in response.

"Well this is my friend Lily, and she knows one of the man from that gang. She knows where he lives, what he does, everything about him. I thought she might be of some help to you." Darren stated every word so confidently that it made my fear go away too. I looked at detective John who was now looking at me with his deep, dark, suspicious eyes.

"Tell me the name of that man, miss." John said.

"His name is Jack Weed." I replied shortly and Mr. John wrote it down on  the piece of paper.

"And where he lives?" He asked again.

"B--black quarter street, house number 401." My voice shook as I replied. I was feeling scared, I didn't know why. Was it really right to tell the police about your criminal father? Of course it is! A voice inside my head said as the thought came in my mind.

"How can you be so sure that Jack is really one of the men in the gang?" John asked.

"Tell them Lily. " Darren said when he noticed I was not giving any response.

"He... he's my father." I said and paused, " he killed my mother by throwing her from our balcony and claimed to the police that she attempted suicide..." I told him slowly.

"Now I think I know you! " he said and clapped his hands once. "But you were there when I interrogated your father, weren't you? Why didn't you tell me the truth then, miss? Why did you support his lie?"

Tears came out of my eyes immediately as detective John asked me that question. The vision of my mom's face in my hands appeared in my eyes. Her words echoed in my head, "I will tell the police about you, Jack. If I won't, then Lily will!"

At least I was doing it now. I was telling the police about him. About my father.

"I think I asked you___" John was saying but I cut him off.

"He threatened me. He said he'd kill each and every person I cared about. And I believed him because he always hurt us. He'd hurt every single person who came in his way. He has injured few men also just because the involved themselves in an argument with him. He has beaten me and my mom.. every day.. every night... He he doesn't know I'm here, telling you all this about him.. I'm sure if Darren wouldn't have supported me, I'd  never be here. I don't want those innocent lives get killed by my dad. If I can save thousands of people by giving you my dad, I know God will save Nora 's life too." I told him everything and he wrote it down all.

"Who is Nora?" He asked, looking up at me.

"My best friend, Jack threatened me about killing her if I tell the police about him. And I can't lose my friend..."

That was it. I couldn't say anything else. I cried.. I cried out loud.. tears, they fell like streams. Darren put his arms around me, but nothing could keep me away from crying.

"Give a glass of water to the miss." John ordered someone and after a minute, a man handed me a glass of water. I drank it all in one sip and wiped my tears off my face.

"Listen, miss. We know how you feel and we know what you must have been through all this time. You made a mistake of not telling the truth five years back, but I'm glad you were brave enough to tell us now. I love your spirit. Don't be afraid, we won't let any thing happen to your friend. Just remember one thing in life, A crime is always a crime, no matter who does it. This is the state when you have to choose between your blood relationship and your devotion to your country. And I'm so happy that you chose right." John said with a smile, and I felt light hearted.

"Mason, let's go to Black Quarter street house 401! We have found our one suspect!" John ordered to someone.

"Thank you, for coming here. See you there at house number 401." Detective John said with a smile and we both got up from our chairs and came out of the station.

As we walked outside, Darren held my hand. "We did it." He said.

"Yeah." I replied and hugged him tightly, " I cant tell you how good it feels! Thanks to you." I added and Darren kissed my cheek. We sat in his car and drove to black quarter street house 401!

And what we saw there was horrible and Jack was now too close to get ruined.

-----