Epilogue

It's true that nothing lasts forever. Neither happiness, nor pain. It's also true that we are always rewarded for our good deeds with something precious and bad deeds always leave us sad, unhappy and un-satisfied with ourselves.

Standing on the empty beach at 6:00 a.m in the morning, I gazed at the over clouded sky, then shifted my eyes to the wide sea that reached as far as my eyes could see.

My dad had died two days after he got arrested. Sarah and Darren lived together in Darren's apartment. I had also changed my apartment in order to start a new life and forget the old one. But obviously I couldn't. The past sticked with me like magnet, but I decided not to ruin my present and future because of it.

Matt and Nora communicate with me daily on phone, because they no longer are staying in Chicago. Both of them have gone to New York for further studies.

I quit my job at The Meal and have started giving tuitions to younger students.

Also, Darren and I together have opened our new coffee shop named, "LDS Coffee Shop". LDS means, Lily, Darren, Sarah coffee shop. I know it sounds funny, believe me I found it funny in the beginning too, but it runs very well and I no more have to feel the sadness of having an empty wallet at the end of the month.

Darren and I are going great together, we love each other alot. He loves me and cares about me the way I deserve to be loved and cared and in return, I'm happy to give him my hand in marriage after six months till he completes his Masters in Psychology.

Yeah, that's right. We are getting married after six months. My life has taken a right turn, I never thought all those regrets and pains will end like this. I never thought I'd be able to smile ever, yet here I am, living the beautiful days of my life.

I just want to give a message to all those who read my story till now,

Never ever leave the side of the truth and loyalty, no matter how much you are threatened or hurt. And never ever be hopeless, because there comes happiness after all hard times.

Keep smiling,
Your friend,
Lily.

------