Chapter 13

My eyes burned through the blue-eyed surfer’s skin, as he spun the bottle in anticipation. He sat cross-legged on the floor, northeast of his two band mates. He knew exactly the kind of things his brother would dare him, especially while Wes and Drew were aware of Keaton’s obsession with Lauren. My girlfriend.

For the shortest moment, I let my eyes return to said girlfriend – I loved calling her that. She glanced at me and then darted her eyes between Keaton and me. Suddenly, she smirked. “You know, Keat, that tan you’ve got going on is really working out for you.”

The anger and jealousy stirred and boiled within me in chorus as I watched Keaton cough up a reply, “T-thanks, Laur. And… um, everything works out for you.” He emphasized on the ‘everything’, shooting a flirtatious stare with those glossy blue eyes.

She smiled and looked down at her hands. “What the hell are you doing?” I mumbled through gritted teeth, low enough so no one could hear.

“What are you talking about?” She played dumb.

“You know exactly what I’m t—,”

“Your truth questions are boring me!” Cece yawned.

“Alright diva, what do you have in mind?” Wesley cocked an eyebrow at her.

“So I’m daring Keaton, right?” She looked down at the bottle for reassurance, “Keaton, make out with the first girl that pops in your mind—,”

“I have to go to the bathroom! Go on without me for now.” Lauren quickly interrupted, before making her way out.

“As I was saying,” Cece said, “Make out with the first girl that popped in your mind while listening to me. In front of us, for proof.”

Keaton looked up to the direction Lauren left disappointingly, “The first person that popped into my mind was Lauren.”

“Yeah, well Lauren’s gone.” I said, harshly.

“I’ll wait till she gets back.” Keaton responded, holding his own hand in front of him, “You know, to be fair.”

“God, Keaton, can’t you just get over yourself? Lauren doesn’t like you,” I slowed my voice to make a point, “and she never will. Move on.”

“Sounds like jealousy to me right there,” Drew smugly said, and I instantly panicked until the next words left his mouth, “You want a little piece of emblem for yourself there, huh, Mila?”

I almost vomited right then and there. “You’re disgusting,” I spat, “I’d rather swallow razor blades than to ‘have a piece of emblem’ whatever that even means.”

“It looks to me like you’re playing hard to get.” Wesley winked and looked over to Drew for reassurance.

“Don’t worry about it, guys. Camila has always hated me for some reason. I’m used to it, and it’s cool with me.” Keaton weakly said, fidgeting with his fingers.

“I think she secretly likes you,” Drew said, raising his hands in defense.

The girls and Cece were quiet, and it frustrated me, until Ally finally spoke up, “Believe me, she doesn’t.”

Cece was suspecting something. Something different than what was said went through her mind, and I could tell. She squinted her eyes and watched what happened before her, before she suggested, “Alright, Keaton, instead of Lauren, go make out with Mila. See how it goes and see if Drew’s little theory is right or not. Which I’m sure it isn’t.”

Keaton shrugged and crawled his way over to me, and I was genuinely worried I would injure him. Badly. “Will you guys stop it? I’m right here and I’m not some object to experiment on, if I had feelings for someone, I’d want them to know it when I feel comfortable with them knowing, not when you guys are shoving it down people’s throats! And I don’t fucking have any feelings for Keaton-dick-face and you guys need to respect that!” I heaved in rage, as I watched all their eyes widen.