Chapter 14

“My oh my,” Lauren gasped behind me.

I instantly jumped, and turned around to see her smirking by the door of my bedroom. I grabbed the nearest shirt to me, “Lauren!” I yelled as I pulled the shirt on.

“I’m sorry, baby, I just walked in,” Lauren bit her lip as she walked towards me, “But I liked what I saw.” She whispered in my ear, kissing it softly.

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks as I shyly hid my smile. She pulled away and lifted my chin, “Get dressed and I’ll meet you out there, love.” She said, kissing my lips. She knew I loved it when she called me that.

“You’re an asshole.” I called out to her, “You love me!” She momentarily turned her head while shouting back, before continuing her way out.

I pulled my lower lip between my teeth, and tilted my head downward, “I do.” I mumbled with a smile to myself. And I ceased to see how someone could possibly not love such a precious creation.

I wore a stylish beige knitted sweater that had a long necklace laid atop of it. It went with dark red high-waist skinny jeans, and long brown boots that reached my knees.

I walked out my room and to the living room, and as she had promised; she was waiting for me.

“Well, hello there, princess.” Lauren bit her bottom lip, as she gazed at me from her spot on the couch. She immediately stood on her two feet, “Hello, angel.” I responded, kissing her cheek, “Let’s go?”

“Leggo.” Lauren said with an accent, as she hooked her arm with mine and made our way to the front door, and out to the streets.

She skipped across around the car to open the door for me, as I blushed, thanked her, and sat in my seat. It was still odd and new to me to see Lauren like this… Lauren like… she cared about me that way. I’m not complaining, it’s just new.

She sat herself in the car, and turned the engine on.

Her eyes glowed and sparkled as they stared ahead at a stoplight. She wasn’t giving me much eye contact, and she seemed worried, nervous even. She continuously fidgeted around, and gulped when she felt my eyes gaze over her. “So… where are we going?”

She took a long, panicky, and shaky breath like she was expecting that question that had an answer she wasn’t really prepared to say or explain. “Well, you see… about that…” She cleared her throat, with her eyes never leaving the semi-filled streets in front of her.

I nodded, in anticipation of her response, because she was worrying me.

She licked her lips, and gulped, “As you know, well—I mean—obviously, you were there—um, I asked you to this date about a week ago, right?”

“Yeah…” I let out in an edgy mumble.

“So… I thought like, wow, at least I have a lot of time to think of something, because I wanted it to be special, you know?” She gulped again, “But as the absent-minded idiot that I am, I had absolutely nothing! Nada! I mean you do have that effect on me anyway—making me speechless. So what I did was that I tried to think for a while and when I still got nothing, I decided I could maybe get some help, because I didn’t want tonight to be dull or for it to mean nothing. I mean, not that it could ever feel that way with you, but you know what I mean…” She let out a shaky breath before wanting to continue.

I had my eyes squinted and my brows furrowed in confusion; I had no idea where she was getting at this. Before I could respond she said, “Just please let me finish, I have no idea what I’m saying and now I’m just starting to feel like I should have rehearsed this or something.” Her eyes anxiously flickered to me for the first time since she had started speaking, before returning them to the road.