The Dinner Party

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

After I woke up this morning and quickly took a shower to wash off all of the dry blood. After I finished I made my way down stairs to throw out the bloody and ripped dress. I walked into the kitchen and found Jenna drinking a cup of coffee so I quickly hid the dress behind me.

"Hi, Jenna" I say to her as I walked towards to the bin.

"Hey, do you want to come with me to take Elijah on a tour of the historical sites of Mystic Falls?" She asks me as I slip the dress into the bin.

"Sure, I could use some fresh air" I tell her, and we both put our jackets on to leave.

(Skip to the Old Fell Property)

Me, Jenna and Elijah are looking at some of the historical sight's of Mystic Falls, and right now we are walking up to the Old Fell Property.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence" Jenna ponts out as we all up the path towards it.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families" Elijah says as he tries to hide a grin at the words Founding Families.

"Why do you say it like that?" I ask him as I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise" He explains, Salem witches like Bonnie's ancestors.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks him.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything" He states, I guess our ancestors were fakes.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial" Jenna says with a small laugh.

"Yes, they are" Elijah agrees with her.

"Alaric?!" Jenna says before she wall away from us, I turn around and see Ric coming over, but stops in his tracks to talk to Jenna.

"Thanks again for yesterday" I whisper to Elijah.

"No need to thank me, I was just holding up my end of the deal" He tells me as Jenna and Ric make there way over to us.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman" Jenna introduces them.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Ric asks us.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history" Elijah tells him as he looks at Jenna.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec" She tells him before walking back to her car, and leaving me, Elijah and Ric.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Bella's and Elena's list of loved ones to protect" Elijah questions him.

"So is Jenna" Ric states, is someone jealous?

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women. It's a joke, Ric, lighten up" Elijah tells him, before patting him on the shoulder and walking away.

"Elijah won't hurt her, and he's not trying to steal her away from you either" I tell him, but he has a look of disbelief on his face "Look, um... Why don't you go to the grill, we're almost finished and we're heading there afterwards" I tell him with a smile.